Any Solitaries out there?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Lady Lily

Any Solitaries out there?

Post by Lady Lily »

Hey!

I am a solitary because I live in an area with a LARGE non-denomination Christian population. I did recently meet a Wicca but the situation did warrent me to go into a detailed discussion.

So, solitaries - talk to me! Help me on my journey! :)

Lily
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

solitaries all over the place.

i am one by the way.
theivytwines

Post by theivytwines »

I too am a solitary practioner. I am actually pretty solitary in every thing I do. I am a do your own thing kind of a gal. I have several Wiccan friends who belong to the same coven in my area but I just prefer to do my own thing. I am not a" by the book" practitioner. I take a bit here and a bit to find what works best for me and go from that. The fundamentals are very much the same but my path might be a bit different.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I'm solitary. I had the opportunity to join/start a coven but I realized that it wasn't what I wanted to do... at least not at that time with those people.

I think the majority of witches and wiccans are solitary. Part of that is because it can be hard to find people of like mind nearby, and part because we don't have congregations like many other religions. When we work in a group (open Sabbat rituals aside) it tends to be with a small number of people so even if there ARE covens nearby, they aren't usually accepting members.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I'm solitary, which is why I love forums like this....so as I can get other peoples perspectives and opinions without feeling obliged to follow them.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

i'm a solitary

not many witches in my neighbourhood (at least none that i know of)

but i would've liked if i met someone in person that is wiccan or pagan for that matter because face to face conversations are much quicker and you can get allot more insight on the whole aspect.
[EarthWitch]

solitary

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I am solitary, though I know others of the like mind. We do come together for the holiday rituals, but I am alone for everything else.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
SandyJI

Post by SandyJI »

I'm solitary, as well. I have friends that believe, but don't practice. I do give them spells and other behaviors to help them in their lives. We discuss things at length occasionally, but they don't really have time to gather with me. I am in an area with other pegan and wiccan crafters, but my schedule keeps me from gathering with them.

Sandy
Sandy

I'm sick of reality, I want my Fairy Godmother!
kai

Post by kai »

I am solitary as well. Havent seen anyone around practicing crafts.
[Kai]
shedtroll

Post by shedtroll »

Solitary over here!
shedtroll

Post by shedtroll »

kai wrote:I am solitary as well. Havent seen anyone around practicing crafts.
Well, I have...
kai

Post by kai »

no one in my area :(, maybe there are, but r hiding like i am, cant risk to tell.
[Kai]
kali's framiliar human

glad to here

Post by kali's framiliar human »

Solitary!
Im glad to hear that there are so many solitaries out there! im a lot like the original poster. i also live in a predominantly christian neiborhood and town.
twilight

Post by twilight »

*Raises hand* Me.

I don't think there are any covens near me, also I do quite like working on my own, I'm quite a loner anyway.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

Me too :D . Even if there were people here that I could work with, which there aren't, I don't beleive that I would. i am also one who like to do things my own way. I have all of you folks online to talk with and learn with. That's all I feel the need for. I sometimes think it would be nice to be with a group for holidays but that's it. :D :)
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”