BLAck Magic

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Forlorn

BLAck Magic

Post by Forlorn »

ok so i have been reading alot about discussions on black magic here. But i mean what exactly would you all say is black magic (other than perhaps the obvious explanation that it is negative about black magic that might not even be accurate (like the idea that all witches have a black cat) so just interested to hear explanation of what people would describe it as , as truly i dont know that much about it. also the wiccan crede has certain laws and guidelines, does black arts have similar too?
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I generally stay out of discussions about "black magic" because I don't agree with the idea of magic being black or white. I see it as a well, a tool. It's neutral, or at least with a different 'morality' then we have, if any. I know there's a lot of people out there that see magic as black, white, green, blue, whatever. To me that just sounds like D&D (no offense to anyone, it just doesn't work for me).
kai

Post by kai »

Same here, i think power and knowledge are neither good, nor bad, it all depends on one's intentions. Also some say that black magick is done with the help of satan, and dark spirits, while white magick is done with angels, holy spirits and gods. But basically magick in itself is neither black, not white.
[Kai]
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

I do see magic as black and white. I base it upon the intentions of the person, not so much as what they're doing.
That's just me though.
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

I see magic as completely neutral, a lot of times not even depending on the intentions of the one performing the magic... Cause a spell cast with the best possible intentions, can still have some really nasty effects...

(Not too good with explaining myself atm, it is kinda late here :P)
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

by most standards, black magic is magic done for reasons involving self gratification, and not worrying about the morality of it.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I think that it's safe to say, while most people won't agree with the terminology, that dark magic represents magic done to harm someone/something.
Of course, magic is neutral and is neither good or bad, but for the sake of simplicity black/dark magic = evil, white magic = good.

Take electricity for example.
Electricity is neither good or bad, it is a form of energy. I can use electricity to warm my family which would be considered a good thing, or I can use electricity to send 50,000 volts up someones arse which would be considered, in most cases, a bad thing.

Wolf - I agree with you saying that black magic involves not worrying about the morality, but as for involving self gratification I don't agree with this at all.
I know that when I cast spells it is to improve MY life and MY situation and it is purely selfish.
Forlorn

Post by Forlorn »

hi everyone thanks for all of your input. i do apprecaiet your points of view. it makes me think that everyone interpretation of black magic is diff, some say that magic that is self gratifying could be wrong - therefore if i do a spell to attract a new job or money to pay a bill, then maybe that is selfish while some see it as positive or someone doing a love spell on their relationship if they are having rocky times, maybe that could be said to be black as it is doing a spell for selfish purposes that may or may not tamper with the other person. i guess my idea of black was always one that involved evil beings / forces and stuff that purposely hurt people as in curses etc. it is a tricky subject and i suppose i may never be able to get one set answer! i know curses come under the category of black (i think) what about love spells - i suppose more so on a particular person? or money spells? do you think those could potentially be black? im not sure. views will always vary.
kali's framiliar human

i think. . . .

Post by kali's framiliar human »

Magic is neutral, but its intentions can be good/evil aka black/ white. I think that magic cast on another person is not good, unless the magic is of a protective nature. Love spells are tricky, because it's not right to cast magic that will influence another to think the way you want instead of what they would want.

As long as the intentions behind the casting of your magic are pure. So will be your magic.
morak

Post by morak »

magik doesn't have a color its just a perception some people have to come to terms with it and the results, theres nothing wrong with doing it to get a new job or extra money, the only thing i disagree with, is using it to make someone do something they wouldn't do of there own free will, if you make mistakes this time round you have pay back in this life and next time round and keep getting it till you learn from it, once you learn the lesson you move on to the next one. i believe it was the late Franz Bardon said 'the earths not a playground for man its a school for the soul'. everyone is learning at there own pace some are at or near the start and others further on.

morak
FaeSpirit39

Post by FaeSpirit39 »

I have never viewed Magick as "black" or "white". Magick simply is. It has no alliance, it is completely neutral in all aspects. It goes down to what the intent of the person who is using the magick and even then I wouldn't label it black or white. But that's just me I guess.

I don't necessarily believe in the Threefold Law persay, at least not x3. I do believe that whatever Energy you send forth, will come back to you. If that makes any sense.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

morak wrote: theres nothing wrong with doing it to get a new job or extra money, the only thing i disagree with, is using it to make someone do something they wouldn't do of there own free will
kali's framiliar human wrote: it's not right to cast magic that will influence another to think the way you want instead of what they would want.
But if you perform a spell to get extra money or a new job then you ARE influencing SOMEONE SOMEWHERE. Most spells you perform will alter the way somone would otherwise act or think.
kali's framiliar human wrote: I think that magic cast on another person is not good, unless the magic is of a protective nature.
Why do you consider it OK to cast a spell on another person only if it be of a protective nature? Who decides if it's of a protective nature? You?
morak

Post by morak »

when you use it to get a new job or extra money, it just makes sure your in the right place at the right time with the ability to do the job, the easy part is getting the job but if your useless at it you wont keep it for long, try for jobs you know you can do even if it takes a bit of extra training, most places dont mind training you up as long as your straight with them.
:lol:

morak
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Good reply Morak.
:D
But that wasn't the point I was pointing out....You said - the only thing i disagree with, is using it to make someone do something they wouldn't do of there own free will.
morak

Post by morak »

you use the magik on yourself not the other person, by doing that it ensures your in the right place at the right time for the job your qualified to do and needs filling, you use magik of your own free will to get what you want, its usually easier to change yourself than other people, just dont forget your only visiting there world and going back to yours at the end of the day, they dont have that option, they have to stay in there world.

:D

morak

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”