Grounding?, please help me.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Just so, as Sercee says. I don't bother with grounding much, for the reasons I gave above and more, when I do, it's by methods different to Wiccan practice and for reasons I won't bother to explain, as my beliefs are not Wiccan nor my practices. This does not make me 'wrong' and I think the young Shaman was right to enquire about this.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I don't mean to be angry sounding or anything like that but I was mildly offended I don't believe I need to ground but I just thought I'd look into it. I think the reason I took offense, was because I sounded like spinny was telling me what to do. IT just sounded like she told me what my path was and that I was going about it wrong, and thats what offended me.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You're right, Shaman, it did sound that way whether it was intended or not.

You don't have to do anything that any of us say to. And I know you like learning things, so asking questions is one of the best ways to do that. Go hard :)
spinneyhex

Post by spinneyhex »

IT just sounded like she told me what my path was and that I was going about it wrong, and thats what offended me.
Sorry Shaman Of Bliss, I thought from your posts, user name and sig that you were a Shaman with Wiccan leanings.
With some ritual and practices you may need to ground.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I'd just like to clarify, I meant experiment with grounding techniques, I think you need to slow down a bit with the energy work. There's a lot of experience and learning with Shamanism, not all of it positive, it is a life changing way. One name for the Shaman is 'wounded healer' you should think on that.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I was thinking, Forest Witch about what you said[ I know it's days later - but sometimes it takes a while.lol.] and I realised, that in many respects, you have described me. You know there are parts of what I do that ARE groundings, they are so natural and so much part of me, that I didn't consciously recognise this. My methods are different to most but they are still technically the same thing. So pardon me, I was a little innaccurate before. I do use groundings more than I realised.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

wounded healer you say...intriguing...very interesting. I can't seem to find it's meaning...at the moments but I feel it has an important one relevant to me. I will think on it...the next time I meditate for sure...which won't be until tomorrow night (taking two days of resting...no magick...today and tomorrow). but it sounds...I can't name it...but I feel it has a depper meaning...
Comus

Post by Comus »

sometimes eating food or drinking water helps ground me
Idz qaala
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

'for nine days and nine nights I hung, a SACRIFICE TO MYSELF...' from the Eddas,Odin is describing his ordeal. Tyr lost his right hand to prove the 'courage of his convictions' think about what you might lose in gaining something you really want, there is often an element of sacrifice involved. Shamen are powerful beings, but wisdom is often tinged with sadness, knowledge comes at a price.
spiralwind

Post by spiralwind »

Grounding? Usually a stone like flint or obsidian is recommended for this purpose, but is used as a stone to keep in the medicine bag or sacred bundle. I won't call it "totem bag" because that is incorrect to a Native American shaman. There are totems, but only one protector spirit, in association with a group of people (clan, tribe, even nation). I've found that Chert or Cherty Jaspers work wonders, Chert is an impure form of Flint.

I don't have any formal grounding procedure in my ceremonies using tobacco, but if I don't have a proper dismissal or thanks...the energy will not be grounded, which you can feel until done properly.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

my stone of choice fir purposes similar these days is Hematite...though it wasnt entirely my choice.
spiralwind

Post by spiralwind »

Yes Sobek,
I've had a part Native American friend once tell me about the hematite stone. He had one of those metallic looking type, highly polished. Don't remember now the things he said about it.

It feels good to be back to the forum again, had to be away since my last posts. Grounding is not a big concern of mine right now. Have been doing some unexpected healing work. There was some healing recently, did for myself. Now this week my dad, who is 76 years old, still working in construction some of the time...had a fall landing on concrete below.

To make a long story short, it was Tuesday this week just before lunch time. I had this heavy feeling, so went to meditate and seek guidance. About the last couple minutes of finishing up, doorbell rang. Finished up meditating and answered the door. Asking when it happened, it must have been only five minutes before meditating.

Dad had five breaks in the hip and pelvis area, broken second vertebrae from the top, fractured collar bone in the shoulder. His hand apparently wasn’t fractured or broken, but hurts (and not to move it because of his collar bone). Also hit his head on the cement, causing a big knot.

Today was my third healing ceremony, using the Medicine wheel circle as the Plains Indians tradition. His surgery was Tuesday night, my ceremony was started the same time. He is getting out of the hospital in 2 days, into rehab. The doctor would have started him today, but last night had some pain.

Doctor is quite happy about how well he is doing. It is meditation first thing each morning, a ceremony for healing later, each day until he gets into rehab.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he recovers well and soon. He must be fit and strong to still work so physically at 76. Kudos to your dad.Best wishes.Geri.
spiralwind

Post by spiralwind »

Thanks, I may not be here much or often for a little while...
I really wish there could be time to mention all the good that has been happening, truely amazing. We are under a tornado watch right now, is moving closer, so must shut down computer now.

Have spent 4 days doing healing light ceremonies (Native American), day 4 was yesterday.
He sat up twice, then for some reason the doctor had him stand up. The hospital had been saying 3-6 months of rehab, after released from the hospital. And then he can go home. Now the doctor is saying maybe three weeks (that would be nice). I must admit, this really surprised me, even with my knowledge and experiences. I had to say WOW!!!!!

I didn't get the chance to do a ceremony today, but sure hope to in the morning. Thanks for your concern...I am so glad I've got a belief system which works for me.
Fanny

Post by Fanny »

Sobek wrote:my stone of choice fir purposes similar these days is Hematite...though it wasnt entirely my choice.

I love working with Hematite, specialy when im having those days where my energie/thought are all over the place and I just can't seem to ground myself, I whear my hematite bracelet. Works everytime,
sorry if im being to curious, but why do you say it wasnt entirely your choice?

please dont mind my spelling, my french is trying to say hi...lol
Never regret anything, because at one point ...it was exacly what you wanted!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”