Spell Types?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Lechin Angel

Spell Types?

Post by Lechin Angel »

Well, all I want to know is what kind of spells can you do? I hear there are mental, love, health, animal spells. The rest I can't seem to remember.

-Lechin Angel-
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

generally i do what's needed when its needed, there are ofcourse a few spell types i refuse to do. but for the most part i do protection spells i suppose(i dont cast spells at all often)
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

There are literally hundreds of different spells you can cast. There is a spell you can cast for roughly just about anything in your life.
I personally don't use spells that often, just when there is a real need. I try to sort out my "issues" in my life using more "normal" means, the last resort is a spell. Being Wiccan though I can't (don't and don't want to) cast spells such as love spells to make a certian person fall in love with me etc, as it's going against another persons Free Will. I could do a love spell asking to find my perfect love etc, just not mentioning anyone personally. Don't know if you believe in Karma or not but it's known to be a real bitch, mess with it and it will come back and bite you in the ass and a lot harder than you may think (what goes around comes around). These are only my beliefs though, lots of Witches etc, cast love spells, Hexes, Curses on others as they don't believe in Karma - it's up to you really and your beliefs :)
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Lucine

Post by Lucine »

I think we cast spells all the time without knowing. Just a hunch I have only been studying a few weeks. And I think a simple thing like lighting a candle with intent is a spell, for example I light a white candle for protection. I must be feeling cocky tonight cause I don't have any lit candles. Anyway this is just what I feel. That if you have an intense desire and you put thoughts words and deeds into it you are casting a spell. It might not be a formal one with casting a circle and asking the Gods for help, but most situations quite frankly don't need all that. Seriously, I don't think the Gods would like everyone cast spells for the most mudane reasons, like locating keys or something you can very well do on your own in most cases.
Reason is out to lunch. How may I help you?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

in all honesty karma is a stupid excuse for not doing something that you may otherwise want to. if it were worth doing you would gladly accept karma. i could go further but i shall save your brains for another day lol
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

I'm not really into karma either, but I am into spells. There are waaaaaay too many spells out there for me to list what a person can do in casting... but Lucine is right about the fact that we cast spells all the time. If you believe in the law of attraction, that whatever you put your attention on, you attract to yourself, we are constantly casting informal spells.

I really don't like casting formal love spells though. I usually can't keep my mind off of that specific hottie (or hotties, lol) I want, and I don't want to go there. I don't believe in artificial love, but that's just me. Anyways that's off topic... you can cast a spell (formally) for almost anything you need in life, or anything you want to get rid of. With a little practice and willingness to take some mundane actions, you get better in time. My first spell was a job spell, and I worked the exact way I imagined it would. During the casting, I saw a sign saying "hiring" on a new age bookstore I wanted to work at. Wouldn't you know there was one on that very store the next time I went there? I guess because I never imagined myself working at the store, I never got the job, lol. But that was a really funny first experience.
DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

" we are constantly casting informal spells. "

i dont really class those as casting spells perse. to me thats just magical effects of strong emotion.

however to me, casting a spell is both a voluntary and conscious action which we willingly undertake.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I have to agree with Sobek. Also, I think prayer works similarly to the magic of strong emotion. With some divine help, natch.
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

:D I guess I can see where the two of you are coming from. I really see spells as focusing your will to bring about a desired change. Sometimes we do that without even knowing that that is what's hapening. I tried to show the difference by saying formal and informal. The difference is that with one, you are conscious of creating a change or manifesting something, with the other, you are not conscious of the act, but there is still a result. (I see that mostly when I get out of bed the wrong way. Everything I do after that seems to go wrong like a domino effect. I'd like to blame it on the day, but it's probably because I'm so focused on the black cloud that's following , that it just stays overhead, continually raining on me.)

Prayer does work too, its just another way of focusing on manifesting a desire.
DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Spell Types?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Lechin Angel wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:07 pm Well, all I want to know is what kind of spells can you do? I hear there are mental, love, health, animal spells. The rest I can't seem to remember.

-Lechin Angel-

We can have a general purpose to attract, to repel, or to hold. The specific intention is in the details such as prosperity-themes of health, love, money; protection - warding and binding & purifying for home and sacred space cleansing.

Methods - Amulet 🧿, bag-sachet, bottle-jar, candle, charm🗝, cord-knot, potion-powder-aerosols, trance-chant, sigil, etc.

1. Use appropriate colors and scents to psychologically jog your mind into action.
. Colors - 🔴🟠stimulate, 🟡🟢sustain, 🔵🟣relax conditions; white is all purpose
. Oils, Herbs - use sweet scents for love, spicy-protection, forest-prosperity, & citrus-cleanses

2. To charge a spell pull power on the breath to your solar plexus. Think of the desired outcome. Push power from the belly and out your hands 🙌🏽 Into the spell.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”