Silver

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SilverMoon22

Silver

Post by SilverMoon22 »

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and staying safe.

I'm not sure if I have asked this before, does silver have a meaning? The word silver has popped up so much in my life that I cannot ignore it.

This word has been present during serious changes in my life.

When I first moved out of state, the street name was silver street, the street I met the person who turned my world upside down was the same. I moved after that and again, I worked for the silver section of a company ( I did not choose this. The company actually stated that our departments were chosen at random) I am also allergic to silver, go figure.

I have seen it repeatedly in other forms, but I am trying not to WANT to see it. I haven't heard significant talk about colors unless it was crystals and candles. Could there be any other meanings?

Thank you all in advance. :flyingwitch:
SilverMoon22

Re: Silver

Post by SilverMoon22 »

Oh! What triggered this decision to finally ask was when I had my profile on here switched to this silver, blue look. Which I love by the way, please, do not change it lol.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Kookie, :D
it's too bad you are allergic to silver, it is probably the nickel content which is an alloy in most silver products. See if you can find some 999 silver, that's as pure as it gets and it might not bother your skin. Many Silver products are plated and that rubs off over time causing skin irritation. Good silver should be stamped 925 and a copper alloy used instead of nickel...and that might be an option.

Silver is my absolute favorite metal as it represents the energy of the moon (gold would be the sun) so that is one aspect, silver is reflective in nature and could be used a a tool in meditation. Because it is reflective it can also be protective and therefor an amulet to keep one safe.

I use the pro‐silver on this board too! Used to be because the chat box would be on top of the forums but an update rearranged that and it went to the bottom, but now it's gone all together.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I'm in the middle of reading Reversal & Protective Magic by Jason Miller. In it he mentioned to put a silver dime in your shoe. If someone used something like Hot Foot Powder or Goofer Dust, the dime turns black due to the sulphur in the ingredients. Of course this won't work if there's no sulphur at all but is good to know if you suspect someone did put dust in your shoe(s). It does seem like a quick method for a test.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

Thank you both for responding.

It really is too bad since i have also always preferred silver over gold since i was a child. I rejected all of the jewelry my father used to buy me. Once I was able to buy my own, well, you know the rest. But I sacrificed my body lol. I couldn't wear it a couple hours before my skin would protest. Same with belts. I will try what you recommended firefly. Thank you for the ideas.

What do you think of that book RavenClaw? I think I really need to look for more ways to protect myself.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Silver is really a very magical metal, perhaps all the messaging you have been getting is telling you to work with it more. Maybe just get a bar of silver, (it's not a bad idea to invest in the actual metal) you can also get it in a coin shape, though, not for spending and use it in reflective meditation, and keep a piece on your altar.
Funny, I too did not like or wear all the gold hubs got for me over the years, finally one year he got wise and bought me the most beautiful heavy silver necklace (925) that I wore all the time.
Blessings, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

Thank you so much for your response!

I will definitely look into all of your suggestions, and maybe look more into how I can incorporate it in my routines. I think it's time to see what this is all about. It was AGAIN shoved in my face yesterday at my NEW job. Not the one where I randomly ended up working for the department named Silver.

It has been so much more pushy lately, and honestly, I have been separated from myself lately too. With moving about a thousand miles away, changing jobs 4 times in 3 months, and working as a delivery person while raising my son, and getting my mom moved in with me, and still recovering from an extremely broken heart, I am just torn.

I do not have time to meditate or pray the way I usually do. I don't connect to or do not feel connected to anything. Maybe this is a good way to come back home.

I've also had some psychic stuff going on more than usual. I have concluded that I am being told to trust my intuition. Sometimes I cannot decipher whether it is me, my human self or my knowing self, so i end up ignoring or doubting it only to realize I should not have.

Sorry this turned into a therapy session! lol I just welcome any insight and I am not afraid to share.

:flyingwitch:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Silver's with Moon and gold with Sun.
Some recommended silver as protection against vampires since they 'hate anything which is related to divine feminine'
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

KookieKrisp wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:03 pm Thank you both for responding.

It really is too bad since i have also always preferred silver over gold since i was a child. I rejected all of the jewelry my father used to buy me. Once I was able to buy my own, well, you know the rest. But I sacrificed my body lol. I couldn't wear it a couple hours before my skin would protest. Same with belts. I will try what you recommended firefly. Thank you for the ideas.

What do you think of that book RavenClaw? I think I really need to look for more ways to protect myself.
I finished reading "Protection & Reversal Magick" by Jason Miller. He wrote from a sorcerer"s perspective on different ways you can protect yourself and home. I find it be an excellent resource book on the subject and probably the only book I'd keep for protection magic. His methods can be applied regardless of what your path is.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”