Occult symbolism in Spanish flag

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SapphireRoad

Occult symbolism in Spanish flag

Post by SapphireRoad »

There is a lot of symbolism with two pillars, Yellow for Sun, Sand, productivity
Violet Lion is interesting, pomegranate of Granada to support whole project.

Catalonia has silver star in blue triangle and yellow and red - well balanced spectre.

Andalucía has Green and white and woman with two lions (as female flamenco dancers are often accompanied by male musicians but they are the stars).
Day of Andalucía is 28th February, last day of year (sept - 7, octo - 8, dece - 10) thence 'andando a la luz'
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Occult symbolism in Spanish flag

Post by Firebird »

I personally think the crests of many flags/countries have really great magic symbolism.
The seal of California has the Goddess Minerva/Athena on it along with a grizzly bear which are long extinct in this state, it should be a black bear which are still roaming all over. She also has a shield which has morphed in symbolismover the years, at one point it looks like Medusa then a horned Goddess or maybe an owl or a winged head with horns.
Additionally the seal of Los Angeles has changed from a Goddess that was Pomona to an Indian maiden with a woven basket. There was a cross on it which I would protest, but I think they changed it to a Mission representing the Padres who built them all down the coast, enslaving the native Americans as they went. The real messed up thing the catholic church did is canonized Junipero Serra, a priest responsible for the death of hundreds and hundreds of native peoples as they went building their missions.
It's kind of funny how they can't seem to get the correct number of stars on the Cali seal. Should be 31, as we were the 31st state admitted to the USA.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Stars in flag are quite a booster. Among US, I like Virgin Islands flag.
Kingdom of Venice had winged lion with a book.
I like woman with sword of Malaga.

I don't like when it gets too drowned in cold or warm colours, that's why Virgin Islands flag seems to be better balanced than flag of Argentina, which is drowning that sun a bit in coldness of too much bright blue. Otherwise I would love flags of Argentina and Uruguay.

Sometimes I think of Catalonia as Catharsis of Luna
and California as furnace of Kali
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
michaelmontgomery

Post by michaelmontgomery »

Yes the monumental pillars of hercules at gibraltar. Sailboats ready for more adventure. Plus ultra! GO BEYOND!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”