Your daily/evening rituals?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
mads

Your daily/evening rituals?

Post by mads »

Hi guys,
This is my first post since joining the forum, so hopefully I'm placing my topic in the correct section (please let me know if I need to change anything).
A bit of a long-ish question, but here it is: I'm really curious as to what your daily rituals are? And also if anyone has 'winding down' Wiccan routines for the evening or before you go to sleep.
The last year or so has left me in a vicious sleep cycle - as I'm sure it's affected many others too - and I've been struggling to get into, well, life as it is. I think in my case, a lot of it comes down to a complete and utter lack of routine which is making me feel less connected to nature (admittedly, sunlight) and it's been a bit of a mess.
It's taking a bit of a toll on my mental health, so currently I'm just trying to ease into small moments of gratitude, journalling down the parts of my day where I feel most connected with nature and writing every detail down to fully embrace it and hope for guidance.
Other things I try to do daily are listening to guided Wiccan meditations before I sleep, meditate with crystals (mostly Howlite and Rose Quartz) and say a silent thank you to the Gods, Goddesses, and everyone else who may or may not be listening in. It's quite peaceful, but I still feel very much in a rut and hope to discover more ideas on grounding and living life. There's always more to learn!

What are some of your daily routines or rituals (no matter how big or small)? How do you incorporate elements of Wicca into them? And one of my biggest curiosities: does anyone pray with Wicca (forgive me for awkward wording, I couldn't figure out if I should just write gods/goddesses/spirits/universe/nature) at the end of their day?

Thank you, I hope everyone has a beautiful day x
Coven

Re: Your daily/evening rituals?

Post by Coven »

life only consists of meditation at this point ~ I appear to be doing it in my sleep as well as when I'm awake ~
sometimes I get distracted and meditate on distractions ~
:-|
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I light a daily gratitude candle & journal when I have something worth writing down or a dream I want to remember, and often as not I’d do this with 🥱morning coffee - 2nd cup. The cat shares prayer time. As an offering I fill up the bird feeder and leave food for the wandering strays. I also spend time on the internet catching up on real time events & leisure-reading. I believe that our mundane actions have spiritual effects 😁
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I would often in the past use a variation of Starhawks tree grounding meditation and have internalised many of those key visualisations and processes for grounding that I still used and are relevant below.

It's a good place to start.

LINKhttps://youtu.be/FP5F5y0xUhQ

I also practice energy work to safely channel energy, which is something you should not neglect to study (as it is very important, especially as energy levels rise).
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I offer incense and wax diffusers which I burn oil in to Kali ma and Lord Shiva on a daily basis. If I am doing alright I try to do at least an hour long puja (worship) of everyone. This includes offering milk and water. It may or may not include meditation and mantras.

On the Wiccan side of thing I charge my sigils and offer prayers and incense to Gaia or the Goddess. Sometimes I pray and light a candle towards the Goddess as Lilith. But sometimes I get too busy or don't feel good.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Simple candle or candle and incense and sit quiet.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

For a daily routine, I put red jasper, citrine and carnelian in a pouch so they can help the lower chakras. Before I go to bed, I remove them and place them beside selenite so they're ready for the next day.

For a nightly routine, if I'm not too tired, I place an amethyst pyramid under the bed. I also put three small vessels, of my spirit friends, in a pouch which I place under the pillow. When I do that, I have the best dreams.

I meditate but not every day.

Sometimes I use a tarot card for shadow work.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

My daily rituals are mostly in the morning, laying down my Tarot cards for the day and meditate with candle and incense, pray, or leave an offering if it feels needed and cleaning my altar, which I'll do in the evening again. I tried meditating in the evening to sleep better this weekend, but realized I am way too energetic to sleep afterwards.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jjapsen wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:41 am and cleaning my altar, which I'll do in the evening again. I tried meditating in the evening to sleep better this weekend, but realized I am way too energetic to sleep afterwards.

The meditating is keeping you up? Or the cleaning the altar?
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

Meditation, sorry if that was unclear :mrgreen: I tend to feel very energetic after meditating
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh that's interesting. I frequently fall asleep if I try to meditate in the evening, so I rarely do it in the evening. I thought it would be cleaning up the altar, that would keep me going and not be able to sleep touching all that energized stuff not to mention clearing one area leads to the next, and oops its 3am! LoL

Maybe refrain from meditating at night. Add a brisk walk in the late afternoon and Chamomile tea in the eve.
Reading at night makes me fall asleep, but this is the opposite for others like my mom who will read just to stay away from the TV at late light. I would forget everything I read :annoyed:

Hope you get some restful sleep!
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Jjapsen

Post by Jjapsen »

I think it's because I have a easy time finding that spot between being awake and sleeping while meditating and staying there, so my body gets the rest it needs while my mind is still awake. So if I do that in the evening my body has had it's rest and doesn't want to sleep anymore. Cleaning the altar can lead to both. As you said, cleaning one place leads to the next and so on. That's what happens to me in the morning. But in the evening cleaning everything up and making it all pretty can relax me just as much.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jjapsen wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:34 pm spot between being awake and sleeping while meditating and staying there, so my body gets the rest it needs while my mind is still awake. So if I do that in the evening my body has had it's rest and doesn't want to sleep anymore.
That makes sense. :fairy:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”