The Pleiades

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Observantcat

The Pleiades

Post by Observantcat »

My birthday is on the Pleiades this year.
I wonder if it means anything?
Anyone?

I'm hoping I have some great universal health, luck, wealth, and happiness.

The only thing I asked for my birthday is not to cry.
I've cried the last 3 years.

I hope tomorrow is different.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: The Pleiades

Post by SpiritTalker »

Happy 🥳 birthday 🎂 wishes

Hmm, what’s it got to do with the Pleiades by the way?
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

I'm not 100% sure actually.

I tried to find the correspondence to the day by birth, nothing much came up, except for the mythology behind it.
Indian cultures, roman, and I believe there's another that crosses too. I can't remember.

Overall, most of the correspondence with the Pleiades, is negativity, death, illness, and so forth.

This is one of the infos I found.

https://darkstarastrology.com/pleiades/
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Maybe Sapphire Road will pop in with some insight, but my guess is since the constellation starts to become visible in late October, typically known for death and endings, may be why the cluster has gained fame for being associated with that. Unless you have your chart done you will not really know if it is even a factor in your chart.
Try not to dwell on the negative, that will only perpetuate itself. It's just like the time of the quarter we are going through, it can be dark and scary or it can be restful and a time to plan and regroup.
This one cluster of stars has more legends and stories than just about any other constellation in the sky.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades_ ... literature
BB,FF
aaaaand
HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Black Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

I agree with fire bird, think positive, death brings new beginnings. Old fires are extinguished and new fires are lit during Pleiades.
"People with a high tolerance for boredom can get a lot of thinking done." -Stephen King
“For every woman is at heart a witch.” -Charles Leland
“Men argue, nature acts.” -Voltaire
“Our life is the creation of our mind.” -Buddha
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” -Epictetus
“Facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored.” -Aldous Huxley
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

Thank you all! For the insight and birthday wishes!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I wondered if you’d seen this blog mentioning astrological meaning of Pleiades?

https://psychicbloggers.com/archives/20985

Pleiades means “Seven Sisters,” and it refers to a star cluster that exists on the shoulder of Taurus (the bull) located at 00°00′ Gemini. But to understand this blog article you do not need to understand the technical dynamics of the star positioning.

In folk understanding of the Seven Stars this particular grouping of stars is often associated with homosexuality. My personal viewpoint is that they are not associated with being gay, but may very well be a contributing factor to being gay. As far as I am concerned, this particular grouping of stars is more associated with creativity, vision, passion, and often times intuitive understanding.

Each star is a mirror reflecting the truth inside you ~ Aberjhani
That’s all well and good, but I am sure you are now probably asking, “What does it mean for me?” Well, if the position of Pleiades and its principal star Alcyone in your astrological birth chart is:

Rising, it means that you are likely artistic and intuitive. This can also show up in a negative way through criticism.

Mid-heaven, you are a person with strong vision about your personal future, as well as the potential of others. You have a desire to do the right thing, but be careful not to become too dogmatic about your path or the path of others.

Sun, you are a visionary. You are a big picture person, and can see things that others cannot see. Watch yourself though, because the overly confident visionary can promote arrogance.

Moon, you are a subculture fanatic. This means that you appreciate and find value in countercultural or subculture expressions. This is great, but be careful not to deviate so far that you isolate yourself from those you love.

Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them ~ Marcus Aurelius
Mercury, you love the light, and are disheartened by the darker side of the human nature. You have an empathic and healing nature, and have a true desire to bring love and harmony to every situation. The biggest exhortation I can give with this one is to seek consciousness, or your empathic side may lead to depressive states.

Venus, you find value in ritual and patterns in life. You can see value in patterns, however it is important to make sure that your patterns do not overtake you and become obsessions or compulsions.

Mars, you are sensitive to social issues. You truly care about the personal well being of others, and desire change through social justice. It is important for you to recognize this about yourself so that you can promote social justice through the power of your conviction, rather than becoming a bleeding heart.

If you are interested in finding out the position of the “Seven Sisters” for you, and you do not already have a natal chart, consult one of the astrologers at Psychic Access.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

firebirdflys wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pm Maybe Sapphire Road will pop in with some insight
Pleiades outstretch at last degree of Taurus and first degree of Gemini
meaning Sun birthday be around May 21st

SnowCat had southern node at that position and it corresponded with her recalls of being from there.
I love stars of Orion and considered her outlook on life somewhat allied. Orion outstretches through most of Gemini sector at the moment.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*SpiritTalker*

:surprisedwitch:

You.. seriously.... Described who I am....

:surprisedwitch:

I'm in awww, thank you so much for really diving deep here. You woke me up as to who I am.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”