Making Spirits?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
uaya

Making Spirits?

Post by uaya »

Hi everyone,
I was recently reading Glamour Magic: The Witchcraft Revolution to Get What You Want by Deborah Castellano. She has a part in the book with a suggestion on how she protects and cleanses her energy. She "creates" a spirit from a representation of an animal like mouse or snail that cleans or eats everything in its environment. She basically described it as breathing into this representation until the spirit is awake, where you would then create a pact to care for its altar/environment you make for it with small sacrifices, and it would clean your energy and spiritual gunk. Now this sounds like an amazing and efficient way to keep your energy clear, but I was caught up on the "making a spirit" part. I understand making a talisman or charming an object, but to imply creating some kind of life? I didn't understand that and how it could possibly work. I've tried to look up more about what the word spirit means to people but always get alcohol related results. I though spirits were supposed to be souls that used to inhabit bodies? :anxious:
uaya

Re: Making Spirits?

Post by uaya »

Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

You could summon one from the otherworld or you can create a thought form which sounds like the description in the book.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Personal opinion only.

I would hazard that there were easier and less potentially troublesome methods to achieve relatively such simple magical goals.

I generally prefer invocation to evocation, in the same way I would consider lighting a fire with a match before reaching for the flamethrower, especially if it had a mind and impetus all of its own. It has the potential to be troublesome.

Thought=forms are not 'easy' magic and are best utilised when their independance is an asset because they can challenge you, support you and advise you. Where being troublesome can be just the impetus and medicine you actually require.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

https://www.reddit.com/r/tulpas/wiki/faq

This reddit article describes tulpas which are thought form “spirits”.
They can develop a mind of their own so include an expiration date as a contract so it will dissolve and cease to exist.

It’s akin to the concept of a witch’s fetch which exists to perform a short term task.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Spirit took the words right out of my fingers! A Fetch does small tasks, but requires specific care and feeding, clear directions and a time limit.
A servitor is a similar concept, used by chaos and ceremonial magicians.
We have several topics floating around here on serviator, tulpas, and the fetch.
Know well what you do before trying this, they all all types of thought forms.
Corbin wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:51 am Thought=forms are not 'easy' magic and are best utilised when their independance is an asset because they can challenge you, support you and advise you. Where being troublesome can be just the impetus and medicine you actually require.
Try the search feature (should be at the top right of the page) to locate these topics. Happy hunting!
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”