Copied life

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Found.in.shadows

Copied life

Post by Found.in.shadows »

Hello, i am not sure if this is allowed or not but i am seeking advice about a relationship i have with a friend who i experience in a very energetic way.

I am not a practicing witch but i am trying to learn healing practices so still new to this area.

This friend of mine has always copied things that i have done, and now has started working the same career path as me. At first it irritated me but j put that aside because i figured she was just alittle akward and needed some guidence. I didnt do the best job, and i wasnt mentaly the best at the time either, and for this i felt guilty any time i tried or felt i should have boundaries with her.
I cant be happy arround her or do something new without her doing something to counter it. I feel she is feeding off me and slowly taking over my identity

Has anyone experienced this? I have tried almost everyone else and tried talking with a counselor. But nothing has helped me understand this feeling.
I want protection from this feeling and to feel like myself again.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Copied life

Post by SpiritTalker »

Do some reading on handling passive-aggressive behaviors, and take steps to distance yourself socially from the person; shield your auraif you are together & leave quickly regardless of their feelings.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

She is feeding off of you, not only is she doing what Spirit said, she is draining your energy. We call that vampirism. :vampire:
She is fulfilling her need with your energy. I'm pretty sure you feel exhausted after being around her.
It will be hard but ask the counselor about practicing boundaries, and then follow through. The longer this goes on the worse it will get.
Please come in and make an introduction, many witches are healers. We have lots of topics on healing.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Time to cut the cord with this person. You will be alot better off.
It will be hard.. there alot helpful thoughts and ideas on here.
Eleanora

Post by Eleanora »

Hehe, I'd turn the tables and start copying her just to be silly. XD Or I'd be flattered to be such an exceptional model for someone with no real sense of self of their own. Or I'd take it as a compliment....or I'd start treating her like a little Mini-Me, effectively reducing her into a mindless-minion-drone for me because I have a bit of an evil streak lmao. Still, I might just assume they have some kind of neurological degenerative disorder, like autism or something, making them really socially awkward lol.

What I'm saying is, I wouldn't let it get to me if I were you, and I'd probably try finding a way to use her to my advantage. I use a lot of applied positive psychology to make myself see the good in pretty much anything because I got sick of being irritated by people. Now I don't really see anyone as good or evil because logically no one can really be blamed for whatever they decide to do; that's just destiny, like waves in the ocean. =-)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

When we have a sense of self we take responsibility for our choices. The devil made me do it, it was fate shows a lack of self identification. You made a good point, Sabyrinia. Hee hee I’d be tempted to do the mini-me too. 😈
Eleanora

Post by Eleanora »

I actually do believe in fate/destiny though lol. In my mind it's kind of like gravity. One thing leads to the next/action and reaction/cause effect. We're all products of our environment, our brains having been programmed to act on various instincts. I pretty much see human beings little different than I see any other animal in the jungle lol. I know we like to pretend we're so much more evolved and sophisticated than wild animals...but I dunno...having grown up on a farm in the middle of the forest, it's hard for me to see the difference LOL. XD

Human beings are very animalistic, and animals often seem all-too-human lol. :flyingwitch:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh, I didn’t read it that way, so my bad. You still made a good point. I’m middle of the road and think of Fate setting up the circumstances not the action-of-choice.
Eleanora

Post by Eleanora »

It's pretty much the only way I can forgive people lol. Being I don't believe in free will/free choice, logically I can't blame someone for doing something horrible, so it makes it way easier for me to forgive and not hold grudges lol. They did what they were meant to do; for better or for worse. =-)
Eleanora

Post by Eleanora »

That's why I'm usually not worried about being late for anything either lol. If I am, then it was meant to be! XD

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”