Question: Low-pitched sounds

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Portia

Question: Low-pitched sounds

Post by Portia »

I have a question. When I was about to start casting my spell tonight, I was really emotional and not wanting to continue the spell and just give up. I asked “Should I just stop wishing?” Then I suddenly heard a low-pitched sound in my left ear. What does this mean? I have read a lot about high-pitched sounds, but I don’t know anything about the lows. Can someone help me? What’s the message?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Question: Low-pitched sounds

Post by SpiritTalker »

It’s not easy to say it’s just one possibility. I like to rule out physical causes before assigning mystical meanings. It could be blood pressure body changes as you’d mentioned feeling emotional - we can get that sound in one ear or both. It’s not so unusual as you might think to feel strong emotional stirrings before starting a spell. We’re intensely focusing on our issue plus raising energy at the same time. One way I found to check that is by taking 3 or 4 slow breaths and shuffling the feet. It helps redistribute the inflowing energy. So step back and wait a few minutes while sort of walking in place. And, on the other hand, a thought voice may accompany what feels like pressure changes with our ears and hums. Some people might feel it that way.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question: Low-pitched sounds

Post by Firebird »

When we work magic it is said we light up on the astral. That attracts all sorts of curious otherworld creatures. It's the reason for making protection around ones self during ceremony. It could have been something trying to communicate or like Spirit was saying our blood pressure can make strange sounds in our heads.
I suffer from tinnitus but it is usually a high pitch scream, although a few years ago I got a secondary tone and it was low, and very aggravating. I would complain the Taos hum was in my head. Thinking it may be local I drove out of town, it was still there. :( Never did figure out what was going on but it finally went away after about a year. Did it go away after working the magic?
I think journaling might help, take note of what is going on when working magic and see if there are any parallels.
Bye the way, please swing by the introductions and tell us a bit about yourself. Welcome :fairy:
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”