Hearing something that mimics voices

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Observantcat

Hearing something that mimics voices

Post by Observantcat »

For a long time, I've heard the mimics of living people. For example: my s/o calling me from downstairs, bit they are asleep beside me.

Any ideas? It's only one form, besides seeing animals that I know, , and have passed away.

Bb
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Hearing something that mimics voices

Post by SpiritTalker »

I’ve re read this a couple times. I think you’ve got a miss placed word and misspelled but as bit. Is the “they” who are asleep the SO and not the voices? That’s how I’m taking it.

I keep seeing my Kizmet Kitty who died last Sept. 2019 and yesterday I caught myself calling one of the other cats by Kiz’s name to call her inside. Face palm. Brain farts and my neuropathy pain meds go together - a fact I live with.

But I think sometimes voices in the background, when 1-2 words pop up clearer than the babble, is caused by in-home phone modems, cell phone waves and live streams. I pick up news phrases. ATT hasn’t got this whole frequency thing nailed down yet. We need in home frequency barriers. I use orgone generators & it has helped.

If I hear my name called - and have on occasion - I answer. If there’s a response I’d get up and investigate. As there’s no response, well phooey and raspberries. Need more data to figure it out.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I know of some haunting cases in which there's a disembodied voice who mimics someone. I have experienced this few times too. Last time I remember was a long time ago... I've heard as if a voice of a friend or my mom call me and when I ask what is it, nobody said a thing. I put it down to my mind playing tricks on me, but I think its not that simple.

Could it be a spirit that's playing tricks with you? Does this happen in a haunted location?
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*L.J.Hex* *Spirittalker*

It seems to follow me from place to place.

In my previous post, I meant *but* not *bit* sorry

I'll see live animals, that are in a kennel/ or in another room.

But it's something that mimics voices of people, who aren't there.

My family has a bit of a touch of experience with the supernatural/spirits, demons, exc.

At this point, I think I need a mentor.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

For some of us “open frequency receivers”, everywhere is haunted by one thing or another... 😁. And there are many dimensions inter-phasing in daily life. It’s not a problem unless you are creeped out by it, but by now you might try getting used to it. It isn’t harmful... of course if the voices give lotto numbers take a chance, but if they tell you that you can fly off the roof you have to use common sense & at least install a trampoline. If it’s spooks... so what?

Really —What would it signify to you? Can you express what worries you? How long have you been aware of it? That kind of info helps get an understanding. You’ve got 100 mentors on line reading.

Edit - there are 178 users on line 30 seconds ago.
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

*Spirittalker*

When I was much younger, I would get creeped out, a ton.

I personally shut my eyes, and mind to it.

As I'm older, I'm not so scared, I'm trying to understand what I maybe dealing with, as I have no anstral family to refer too.

Lol trampoline? Nah, the ground seems fine. (Just kidding)

Aware since 4 yrs old? My first mimic encounter. Then seeing things, predicting things life/death, things like that.

I feel like I'm being pulled. Recently, I've put keys, black dogs, predicting deaths, sicknesses, had me think Hekate was calling.

I don't know where to start. Cards? Scrying, taking notes of visions?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

A doppelganger???
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

From my past experiences and from discussions over the years with psychic people and one other medium, it’s not unusual for a “thought voice” to start around age 4-5 years. People experience the voice in very individual ways that reflect their comfort or lack of it with the voice. And by the way, is the present voice the same one you’ve known before?

I’ve had a voice with me my whole life -both waking and thru dreams- that has been helpful so it’s been easy to accept and trust. Assuming it’s the voice of my spirit-guide is not the only possibility. It could be a communication from my soul, a.k.a., higher self. I’m OK with not having definitive explanations and accept I can’t prove diddily anyhow. The main thing is that I’ve interacted with the “voice” and taken it at face value. I’ve had enough confirmations to know I’m not nuts.

I can’t tell you what the voice is that you hear. It’s your right and privilege to figure that out based on your own beliefs and what you can deal with. The internet is at your finger tips. I had to start with the school library’s encyclopedia when I was in Jr Hi.🤪

Ask the questions that lead to what you want to know about. I think you could tell the voice about your interest. Treat the voice with respect. Interact with it to learn about it. You’d said you had no ancestors to ask. That suggests making assumptions and speculating about it. What can be varified? Write down all your ideas, by all means. Are they useful or presumptive? Pin down your thoughts. Use it to make a map of what to start researching about voices. You said your family had experience and maybe there’s tips and precautions you can gather from that.

Divination is just another guess work approach IMO unless you are accurate with the method. I think using your telepathic and visionary abilities may be more direct form of communication. But use what you know, y’know what I mean? How about stream of consciousness writing? Like automatic writing. Use the symbols you’ve been encountering as clues, like you started. Noting visions if they occur with the voice, seeking some connection to the voice, or to symbols is good.

Feeling pulled sounds exactly right. Does it feel OK to see where it’s pulling you to? Don’t be a sap - set limits that the voice is not to cross if it wants to be heard. Your occupancy is the prime directive. Your rights are sovereign. Make it known and cop an attitude that it’s to be your way or the highway if the voice wants to communicate. If you feel distrustful, agitated, or that something is out of kilter then stop. Regroup. Y’know, don’t over do the thing. That’s all.
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

SpiritTalker

Wow, that's a ton of information! That actually helps a ton!
I haven't heard of conscious writing before. I've heard of the automatic writing technique. Thank you for letting me know about the the limits I can put down for my safety. Thank you for telling me about all of this.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh stream of consciousness Is helpful when you’re connecting the dots, as they say. It goes something like this:
Today I feel xx
I’m feeling xx because of Y who was a real jerk about Z
Y is reminding me of Z
I dreamed about Z last night .... blah blah
You just keep the stream of consciousness going without regard to logic. It helps open you to seeing connections. You just write a line or 2 about whatever pops into your head.
Observantcat

Post by Observantcat »

That is really simple.

Thank you Spirittalker

Bb

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”