New to Wicca

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
KaichiiSuko

New to Wicca

Post by KaichiiSuko »

Hello, I am new to Wicca, I recently found out my father was a Wiccan, and I found interest in the craft myself, I'm not exactly sure where to begin as there's so much to it, any tips or suggestions? Also on a side note, not sure if this is related, but i used to have dreams of the future, i would forget instantly and only remember when said event happened, i wanna know if there's any way to get this ability back, and even retain memory of it before it happens
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove/ punctuation-capitalization
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New to Wicca

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hello and welcome aboard. I hope you’ll take a look around the discussions. Many new witches ask similar questions. See the F.A.Q. Subsection of General Qs about WC, “New Wiccan” topic.

viewtopic.php?f=163&t=28366

Additionally, for enhancing precognitive abilities I’d use centering meditations. Try water-gazing. It’ll take some practice to get a handle on what centering is like - finding the still, quiet space within. Meditation is an ability to focus and to hold the attention where you direct it- which in this case is to the center-spot. Within this space you ask what you need to do to fix the matter. Some form of understanding can present itself right then, or later in dreams, or pop into your mind while doing some repetitive task that frees the mind. And if you’re starting over you’re ahead because you know it’s already possible. Tarot or tea leaf reading are good ways to flex the muscles.
KaichiiSuko

Post by KaichiiSuko »

Thank you, I'll definitely have a look around the forum and see what interests me, as far as meditation goes I have a little experience in it, I'm going to do it more regularly and I also wanna give tarot card reading a try.
RoccoR

Post by RoccoR »

Usually, there is a mentor assigned by the coven to which you belong. But if you are not fortunate enough to have a coven, you need to orient yourself on the topic. Before you invest in anything, I recommend you download these three books (free) (in addition to what our friend " SpiritTalker" has suggested you look at). You will need them to understand the language used in the craft...
  • • The Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft, and Wicca (by Rosemary Guiley)

• Wicca - Book of Spells and Witchcraft for Beginners: The Guide of Shadows for Wiccans, Solitary Witches, and Other Practitioners of Magic Rituals (by Arin Chamberlains)

• Wicca : a guide for the solitary practitioner

My experience as been that interest in Wicca is often a fleeting fancy, and only a few are actually willing to stick with it. It requires a rather high level of personal commitment.

I would also suggest that if, after looking into the topic, you have decided to stick with it, then you should pick a time "daily" to recite the First Oration of King Solomon - in which Solomon asks the Great Creator to grant him knowledge. You will find it in the beginning of the "Ars Notoria: THE NOTORY ART OF SOLOMON." I use the 1657 Version translated by Robert Turner, Benjamin Rowe. In the first Oration (found on the published page #5). It is the source of the connection to the Most High Creator when Solomon asks for gain the knowledge of every Science, Art, and Wisdom; and of every Faculty of Memory, Intelligences, Understanding, and Intellect, by the Vertue and Power of thy most holy Spirit, and in thy Name."

In the beginning, do not get entangled in "ritual." This is especially true if you are a solitary practitioner. IF you decide to extend your commitment, THEN there are some basics "Sigils" (Your "Name," and those for "knowledge" - "protection" - "understanding").

There is a Wiccan (Avery Hart) who is extremely talented in the ways of the "Sigil." I would strongly recommend you review her web site ( https://thetravelingwitch.com/blog/2016 ... ing-sigils ) on Big Power In A Little Symbol: How To Create Sigils. Study her recommendations and instructions. Like I say, she is extremely talented. Wiccans around-the-world use her techniques in the craft.

Most Respectfully,
    R
Last edited by Firebird on Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unsafe links removed
KaichiiSuko

Post by KaichiiSuko »

Thank you, I've always had an interest in things like this, especially since I have some wiccan friends, I'll definitely have a look at those books, thanks for all the tips its much appreciated.
Micheál

Post by Micheál »

Greetings! Since Wicca is a religion that doesn't proselytise, or try to convert, recruit, or preach, it requires the seeker to seek out and contact a coven(traditionally the Gardnerian and Alexandrian traditions, plus a few more in the States). If you're interested in a solitary, or an eclectic path, then this approach would be a lot different. I'd recommend reading Margot Adler's book Drawing Down the Moon, which will give you a good grasp of what's out there, then it'd be a lot easier to get and give advice.

Dreams are funny, it seems every split second you're awake they disappear quicker and quicker. Some have techniques to help with this, but I've found the best is just to keep a pen close by, and no matter how tired you are, try to immediately recall what you can as soon as you wake up. I'm sure there's probably easier ways to do this with phones and apps these days too.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New to wicca

Post by Firebird »

Dear LofN, your links are not working. Will you be reviving your WordPress site anytime soon?
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”