Time Change & Spellcasting

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Hazel Moon

Time Change & Spellcasting

Post by Hazel Moon »

In recent years I've come across spells that were specifically designed for the time before you set your clocks ahead or back for daylight savings time. But I wonder, how many of you have tried casting these spells?

Most of the people I know absolutely hate daylight savings time. And, if I remember correctly, there are some places that either don't observe it or are trying to do away with it. If this happens, and daylight savings time is no more, will it have much of an effect on those of you who time your rituals and spells for these particular days?

Just a curious little question. I look forward to reading your replies. :)
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time Change & Spellcasting

Post by Firebird »

I have not tried a specific time change spell,
but have tried to co-ordinate spells across several time zones which can be a bit challenging, especially if daylight saving is in effect. Basically we choose one time zone and have everyone determine what time it would be for them for such a meeting, sometimes they show sometimes they don't!
That probably doesn't address your question al all :roll:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

It’s the sun’s or moon’s position — rise, zenith & set. A numeral on a clock is immaterial.
Siona

Post by Siona »

The ancient Greeks (or some of them anyway, and probably some other people) used to divide day and night into 12 hours each. So, yeah, this meant the length of an hour would change through the year. Longer night, those 12 hours would be longer. Shorter night, shorter. Anyway, those are the 'houses' or hours I use if I really want to time a spell, not the ones on the clock. Even though that would be easier... :x So time change, or removal of it, doesn't really factor in for me. Also, usually I would rather 'time' things by sunset, sunrise, moon position in the sky, or just do whatever is needed when it is needed.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

oh good point Sonia, I like the 'tween times for doing work too, apparently the word twilight has it's roots in 'tween. bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

Thank you for your replies. I find that people here always have interesting things to say that help me learn and see things from a different perspective.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Like the others were saying to time it with the moon and sun rather than the actual clock.
Some use planetary hours which is calculated daily at dawn and dusk. Different days of the week rule different planets and the hours shift according to the day of the week.
Here's more info
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 32577.html
bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I remember I have a chapter in my bos that also deals with "the hours of a day" but I dont feel that good with using the numbers here (I AM a number person, but I didn't like it, wrote it down anyway, maybe I do need to be a little more corresponding)...

I divide the day/night according to the sun/moon - morning, noon, afternoon, evening.
BB

Blue Moon

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”