New home rituals

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Kitty

New home rituals

Post by Kitty »

I'm going to be moving into my first home without flatmates soon and I'd like to spend some time cleansing the space and making it a space with a positive and magical energy. Any ideas for blessings/rituals/charms to set myself off to a good start?

I'd also be particularly interested in if there are any plants people would recommend for placing at the boundaries for protection.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New home rituals

Post by SpiritTalker »

Congratulations :D
I remembered this one of Xao's so browsed the spell's section & copied it:

1. Air - Sweeping with a broom (cleansing)
2. Fire - Circling around the inside of the place with a candle (cleansing)
3. Water - sprinkling with salt water (protection)
4. Earth - Placing quartz crystals in the cardinal directions to act as wards

Then I would like to go around with a bell or a chime for one last protection/banishing element. (this could be the 5th element, spirit?)

Throughout all of these, I'd be chanting: "Infinite power of the Divine / Protect and bless this house through time" (a chant I found online).

Then it seems like many house blessings at this point do something to invite positive energy, like open all windows to the East. Some also say lavender incense can help, although generally I am not much of an incense person.

[Insert: personally I love mixed color bouquets of roses for home blessing of prosperity & love. End insert] ST

I may also do a dedication to Vesta in my kitchen, and set up a little altar.

Edit: added later
Also there's a very informative topic "Witchy Ways to Establish Our Home as Protected Space" in the WC & Wicca 101 section.
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

Congratulations!

A lot depends on the home. Apartment? A house? Do you own or rent?

For protection I did Iron. At the 4 corners of the property I pushed an Iron Horse nail into the ground. You have to find a store that still sells real Iron nails. That's why we chose nails for shoeing horses. Said a small devotional with the kids at each nail.
Sage smudge from room to room closing the doors at each new room.
Salted the thresh holds of the doors and windows.
We haven't planted any specific plants yet. Only been in the house 2 years. Still in the process of deciding what kind of caretakers we want to be.

We also made little offerings to any helpful spirits, cheese and bread and wine, at different places for house sprites and then yard sprites and wild sprites.
Pretty simple over all.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Thanks both - some great ideas here! It's a flat I'm moving into and I'll own it. I'll definitely use sage, saltwater and sound when I first move in. Iron is one that I hadn't considered, but definitely something I can get hold of.

Thanks for pointing me to the other thread too :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”