Death of a relative-- Signs leading up?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
underthemoon18

Death of a relative-- Signs leading up?

Post by underthemoon18 »

My grandmother recently passed, and the moment that I heard the news, a few... coincidence instantly popped into my mind.

I loved her very much, but we lived states away and with busy lives, unless I was talking to her, she didn't cross my mind much. We didn't talk frequently, but at least every couple months. But again, she never really crossed my mind at random. Only if I talked to her or someone brought her up.

A few days before she died, I was talking to someone and they were talking about something pertaining to her and were saying "maybe after she dies" type things.

Then I randomly thought it was her birthday the day before she died (right day, wrong month) and I got a feeling of urgency that I needed to call her, but I quickly realized it was not her birthday, and since my birthday was in 2 days (the day after she died) I knew I was going to be talking to her in 2 days anyways.

Then the morning she was found dead, the thought of how a family member of mine found their spouse dead when he woke up randomly popped into my head. I spent a great deal of time just thinking about how hard and traumatizing this must have been, and I just really.. felt the pain that he must have felt when finding her. Thinking and wondering how he felt in that moment. It was on my mind for a good 15 minutes or so, and I was just thinking about how devastated I would be if I found my spouse dead. Or anyone for that matter, and how I don't know if I could ever mentally come back after finding someone dead. How do you cope with that? Thinking about how that would just break me. I was really feeling the mental pain... I suppose.. visualizing how it would feel. I couldn't get it out of my head.

Then, turns out my uncle found her. And he was broken and devastated and not knowing how long she had been gone for he desperately tried to save her. And just countless things being said about how mentally hurt he was by this, and how he was apologizing to everyone and seeming to think it was his fault, he couldn't save her, he couldn't seem to mentally get a handle on himself after finding her dead. Trying to wake her up, trying to bring her back. Almost like a recreation of how I was imaging myself being if I was ever in that position.

When my mom called me, the moment she said ,"Hi, how are you doing?" nothing out of the ordinary for her, I instantly knew what she was going to say. So sure of what she was going to say, that I could have said it for her, and saved her the trouble. It was like the instant that I answered the phone and she opened her mouth, I knew what was coming after it. Again, she said nothing out of the ordinary. Her tone was low, but 99% of the time she calls me she is tired and going to bed soon, so again, normal for her.

And possibly unrelated, before I heard, I was outside and suddenly a fire truck and ambulances passed by the street near me, and I felt fearful. Like something could be wrong, but that was because it was going in the direction of the school our daughter attends. But then I found out this would have been during the exact hour that my uncle found her. I was told she was found around 7:30, and I went outside about 9:20 or so (7:20 their time). This one just really freaks me out...

I am just wondering, what is the reason for so many unexplainable events and seemingly minor incidents's leading up to a tragedy? Is it a way of pointing us in the right direction and give us a 'heads up'? But I feel like nothing was so out of the ordinary that I felt a needed to call her and let her know I loved her. How does it all happen? And why?

Is it intuition? Is it prediction? Is it completely random and has no meaning? I just feel like there are so many random things that all connect in some way and once I heard the news these incidents came to my head instantly.

Can we really know when tragedy may strike? Is it possible for the Universe to know? Does anyone know?
It is possible that signs are sent into peoples lives before someones life is taken to warn and prepare?

I am not just completely broken up and looking for answers to something to give me some kind of relief or anything.

Just on the side of, so many random things that seem to be linked to her death in the days leading up.
Signs before a tragedy.
Is it really possible, and how do we know what signs are really answers? I have had times where I get a terrible feeling strike through by body that makes me feel weak and stricken with fear, and nothing even sort of bad occurs. But then times when random little things happen and then something big, I can see how it all connects..

Sorry for the long post!
Thank you!
Panthera

Re: Death of a relative-- Signs leading up?

Post by Panthera »

Yes, it is possible to have signs before someone dies. It is difficult to know what the most relevant signs will be. In my case I dreamt of a little boy who didn't want to leave and the phone rang in my dream. I wake up, two minutes later, I'm awake and the phone rings in reality, it was the hospital that announced the death of my grandfather.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've come to accept precognitive awareness as a head's up to prepare & reduce the emotional impact of the event when it occurs, & to accept that death is a natural part of life. I'm relieved that the over dramatized one's peter-out for lack of energy that's spun off before-time. In my case there's a cold, stark "this is now" feel to a precog even months ahead of the occurrence. it takes a while to learn what the subconscious signals are. Everything is connected.
underthemoon18

Post by underthemoon18 »

Thank you all for your responses! :) I always have things that cannot possibly be coincidences, but as always, I second guess myself.. but things like this always make me feel confident in the fact that we can, in one way or another, connect with those who have passed. Thank you!
RoccoR

Post by RoccoR »

RE: Re: Death of a relative-- Signs leading up?
⁜→ underthemoon18, et al,

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): These are questions of the supernatural. They cannot be proven. It is a faith-based belief.

(COMMENTS)

underthemoon18: I am just wondering, what is the reason for so many unexplainable events and seemingly minor incidents leading up to a tragedy?
  • ◈ “Unexplained Events” happen all the time. They are not necessarily an omen or foreboding. Predictions are based on probability factors. Not all of us have a keen sense fine enough to detect the “minor incidents” that lead to a sound and valid prediction.
underthemoon18: Is it a way of pointing us in the right direction and give us a 'heads up’?
  • ◈ Again, there are some characteristic that makes us more aware than others. We don’t know what that is (exactly). But these abilities are more common than you might (at first) think. Some of these abilities are tied to our memory and recall of similar previous events. And this lends itself to an improved insight as events unfold.
underthemoon18: How does it all happen? And why?
  • ◈ We do not actually know “how it all happens.” But sometimes you will observe people that seem to have an instinct about certain things. It (that edge) is what makes some people more effective leaders than others.
underthemoon18: Can we really know when tragedy may strike?
  • ◈ We often hear management talk about “Lessons Learned.” And you will hear others say: “I should have seen that coming. All the signs were there.” This is an observation you will hear some say, “Let’s connect the dots.” Again, it is a characteristic quality that only certain people have, and usually within a given domain. You will see it in the successful police officer (for instance), yet, these same successful police officers often fall in the group that have unsuccessful marriages. They can connect the dots of a crime, or observe activity that is a precursor to a criminal act, yet could not see the elements necessary to hold a marriage together.
underthemoon18: Is it possible for the Universe to know? Does anyone know?
  • ◈ No one seems to know for sure. But science is looking into the possibility into the electromagnetic connections. Some birds seem to sense shifts in the magnetic lines and flux as a means of navigation (the direction they should take). We know that the brain, and the connecting nervous system, is a bio-electrochemical instrument.
underthemoon18: Is it intuition?
  • ◈ This a mental ability. Those that have a certain capacity in the realm of “intuition” will tell you that they can’t teach it because it is an instinctive and sensitivity to an intuitive understanding → rather than conscious reasoning.
underthemoon18: Is it prediction?
  • ◈ It a kind of forecasting of future events, based on what we know. In making a prediction, you are testing a hypothesis. As we all know, the first theory of the crime is not always the correct one. They, more than then not, need several revisions before the criminal behavior is understood.
underthemoon18: Is it completely random and has no meaning?
  • ◈ To the untrained and technically ill-equipped observer can listen to the noise of the universe, and not hear intelligent data at all. But in fact, the universe makes all kinds of noise that we can associate with cosmic events.

◈ There is no random. Even to make a random generator is difficult to produce. The universe is an arrangement incidents that leads to occurrences in a series of events; or in a succession of stages. Whether it is the Cosmic Background Radiation, a Quasar, the various radiations coming from the Sun, or any manmade noisemaker, each event you hear and everything you see is a result of a series of event stretching back nearly 14 Billion years.

◈ AND, in all this, we still do not know whether there is anything supernatural (the hand of fate) that sets or alters the line of events as they were originally generated or a product of Divine change.
underthemoon18: It is possible that signs are sent into peoples lives before someone's life is taken to warn and prepare?
  • ◈ Yes, that is possible. But is not something that we can apply the “Scientific Method” to evaluate it. We cannot evaluate the “supernatural” (magic).
Most Respectfully,
R

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”