Death/darkness tattoo ideas

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ashrend

Death/darkness tattoo ideas

Post by Ashrend »

Hi all just wanted some ideas for a tattoo that represents death or the darker side of things. I want to acknowledge my darker side and be stronger for it and I feel a pull to having a symbol on me to represent that side. Like it will help me control it without being controlled if that makes sense. IV tried to have a Google but all I find are generic pagan symbols that don't have much if any correlation to what I want.
Shekinah

Re: Death/darkness tattoo ideas

Post by Shekinah »

Wouldn't recommend it. A tattoo is a Sigil and all Sigils carry power. Don't think you want a cloud of negativity cursing through your body. But you are free to do as ye will.

Shekinah
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A tree with branches & roots represents the three realms (cosmic, mundane, underworld) as a balanced whole in unison, which would seem to fit your wellness intent; along the same idea is a balanced image of the half white, half black Goddess of Life/Death.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

well ….skulls have been long tattooed esp with a rose and a blade through skull perhaps suggesting screw death and the beauty in renewal. But you could make your own meanings to whatever you want to represent. I agree with Shekinah though, what you put on better be good because it will be representing you for life.
Take it from me who has had a bleeding heart on both my ankle and web of my hand for over 40 years... The love life has been filled with heartache and now I wonder about those tattoos.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”