Sour Jars / Hoodoo

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Nuri

Sour Jars / Hoodoo

Post by Nuri »

I'm pretty super familiar with how sour jars are made and how to write petitions, but I was curious about the petition once it's IN the jar.

Typically, I'll tie black string around the petition to keep it folded shut, but in a jar I just recently did, I didn't have said black string or anything to tie with it, so I just folded it as best and as tight as I could, plopped it in the jar, did my thing, then shook the crap out of it. I noticed the petition unfolded (obviously, because it's wet), so I was curious to know if the petition will technically still be valid even though it kinda unfolded itself. The petition I wrote was made to be ripped in half, then the 2 names placed back to back, then folded away, but I'm almost sure they're floating around separately in the jar post-shake.

I guess I could take it as symbolism for the people separating, but I'm still curious as far as petitions go.

NOTE
This ritual was requested by and done for a friend. Toxic relationship. Wouldn't do it otherwise. :)
eclectic | crystal hoarder | moon child | gemini sun | libra moon
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Sour Jars / Hoodoo

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you've got the right idea on the symbolism of separating, don't you? You're the caster & you're the one with the say-so. There's no one size fits all rule but your intent. :)
Nuri

Post by Nuri »

SpiritTalker wrote:I think you've got the right idea on the symbolism of separating, don't you? You're the caster & you're the one with the say-so. There's no one size fits all rule but your intent. :)
You're right! How dare I second guess my intuition. :flyingwitch:
eclectic | crystal hoarder | moon child | gemini sun | libra moon
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

I believe it meant separating because when I do such a jar my paper always stays folded. I mainly do sweetening jars but either way it means it is working in your favor.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”