An Announcement!

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Blu-Luna

An Announcement!

Post by Blu-Luna »

Merry meet all! Say, I have an announcement , I've decided to dedicate the rest of my life to this Path, so I'm marking it here, and wanting everyone know that I will start my "year and day" today!
I have put much thought into this and was not ever going to commit to any "religion" again, but too much has happened in my personal/spiritual life and I have come to decide I have to stand for something or fall for anything. It just is right for me.
I am on a solitary path thus far, but does anyone know what I should be doing next?
I am learning Runes, Tarot, and I have been scrying my whole life and didn't even realize it until last year when I started learning Wicca! I have since gotten a crystal ball.
In fact, there are many "little" things I have always done and didn't know they were magical!
I do have Raymond Buckland's "Complete Book of Witchcraft" to help me that I will be following as Raymond has instructions for solitary initiation, but if there any other books that I can read to help me on my solitary path, I will try to read them too.
Thanks so much in advance for reading this and any in-put you have to give me!
corvidus

Re: An Announcement!

Post by corvidus »

Yay!
Yellow diamond light

Post by Yellow diamond light »

I use runes when needed, I would suggest leaving them in the bag and taking one at a time after asking a question, meditate before hand.
Silas Nightfall

Post by Silas Nightfall »

Blu-Luna wrote:Merry meet all! Say, I have an announcement , I've decided to dedicate the rest of my life to this Path, so I'm marking it here, and wanting everyone know that I will start my "year and day" today!
I have put much thought into this and was not ever going to commit to any "religion" again, but too much has happened in my personal/spiritual life and I have come to decide I have to stand for something or fall for anything. It just is right for me.
I am on a solitary path thus far, but does anyone know what I should be doing next?
I am learning Runes, Tarot, and I have been scrying my whole life and didn't even realize it until last year when I started learning Wicca! I have since gotten a crystal ball.
In fact, there are many "little" things I have always done and didn't know they were magical!
I do have Raymond Buckland's "Complete Book of Witchcraft" to help me that I will be following as Raymond has instructions for solitary initiation, but if there any other books that I can read to help me on my solitary path, I will try to read them too.
Thanks so much in advance for reading this and any in-put you have to give me!
Congrats on your decision. I too committed just a few days ago, but like you, have Ben doing some things way longer. PM me any time. It’s nice to have someone along with you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Blessings on your journey :D

So far you've mentioned various forms of divination - but how about developing ritual & spell crafting skills? And are you comfortable casting a circle so you can do rituals? Do you have an understanding of dual-deity if that appeals to you? Do you want to do devotional practices? Strengthen Meditation skills? What are you interested in developing?

There's suggested reading lists in the media book review sub section. And the topic "getting started" in Witchcraft & Wicca 101 section has guides for simple solitary practice.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24482.html

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 34769.html

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 37805.html
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Thanks for the info! I guess I have been doing a lot of focusing and raising my vibration level to a higher frequency. I use meditation daily and such.
I do need to work on casting circles and figure out some rituals. I have been using salt around the house for years, but didn't know it was related to the Craft, it just was used in our family for various reasons. I use sea salt mostly.
For magic I do simple spells, mainly ones I come up with. For example, a good friend of mine just out of the blue quit wanting to talk or hang-out with me, this has been going on since before winter and I thought it was just the weather, but no, something else is going on. So after coming to the realization she's going a different way than me, I took a rope and tied a knot in the middle that represented us before all this drifting apart and I untied it, that is us coming apart; I then tied separate knots at both ends of the rope, this represents us going our own separate ways for a time. But hopefully in the future our friendship will become close again and I can undo the opposite ends of the rope and tie it again as one knot in the middle and that will represent us again. I don't know if that's really magick but I do little things like that all the time. I will for sure be checking out the forums tho! Gotta run for now!
Silas Nightfall

Post by Silas Nightfall »

Blu-Luna wrote:Thanks for the info! I guess I have been doing a lot of focusing and raising my vibration level to a higher frequency. I use meditation daily and such.
I do need to work on casting circles and figure out some rituals. I have been using salt around the house for years, but didn't know it was related to the Craft, it just was used in our family for various reasons. I use sea salt mostly.
For magic I do simple spells, mainly ones I come up with. For example, a good friend of mine just out of the blue quit wanting to talk or hang-out with me, this has been going on since before winter and I thought it was just the weather, but no, something else is going on. So after coming to the realization she's going a different way than me, I took a rope and tied a knot in the middle that represented us before all this drifting apart and I untied it, that is us coming apart; I then tied separate knots at both ends of the rope, this represents us going our own separate ways for a time. But hopefully in the future our friendship will become close again and I can undo the opposite ends of the rope and tie it again as one knot in the middle and that will represent us again. I don't know if that's really magick but I do little things like that all the time. I will for sure be checking out the forums tho! Gotta run for now!
I use mostly personally written spells too. They seem to work better. I usually practice first thing in the morning, middle of the day, and before bed. Small blessthroughout, like, for meals and health etc.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Congratulations!

Some more books:
-Anything by Doreen Valiente.
-Scott Cunningham's Living Wicca and Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner.
-Aradia or the Gospel of Witches by Leland
-Solitary Wicca for Life by Arin Murphy-Hiscock
-The Spiral Dance by Starhawk. While not Wiccan per se it very informative, just ignore her bad history.
-Ronald Hutton's Drawing Down The Moon for history of Wicca.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Thanks so much everyone!