A peek behind the curtain: Recent Events

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
birublackzoey

A peek behind the curtain: Recent Events

Post by birublackzoey »

Back in 2018, it was highlighted by my teacher that the numerous blood moons and eclipses were signals for us to work on our shadow selves. one of the key messages was that it was the rise of the new feminine energy, which is connected to both blood and moon symbology. Her advice is that even for males, this is an opportunity to go delve deeper and understand himself, to acknowledge the rising feminine energy that exists in all men, but to a lesser degree, as a spiritual birthright - connected to mothers, grandmothers etc.

I did try to do the necessary, but for the most part, forgot of this key detail. Last weekend, I had a dream, which I will not go into detail but it was basically a scene of desolate cold, that was increasing. My instinct was that this was connected to the recent cold spike in Chicago.

As always, not enough souls were opened within those windows (blood moons/eclipses) and such, this is the connected event / consequence. the last blood moon window was July, an exact half-year to the Chicago cold spike.

After awaking from the vision dream, I did some gentle open awareness, and further connections appeared. The feminine energy in Asian practices is Yin, which is annotated by the cold element, particularly wind or air. This was a major proponent behind the earlier connection to blood/moon/female.

My own sense of this event is that it is not a punishment, not at all. but a chance for further renewal - another connection that was made known to me was of a brave and generous woman, who booked out hotel rooms for the poor. she is an agent/symbol of this new regenerative female energy, and is affirmation to me.

I would like to reach out if anyone has further affirmations that are aligned to the ones I have received? And if so, what further insights have been made to you? These are just little footsteps towards our greater ascension, I believe it is all connected, with full consciousness and meaning.

Thank you, love and peace to all.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A peek behind the curtain: Recent Events

Post by Firebird »

I've been thinking about how to respond here, and the eclipses and supermoon/blood moons are cyclic just like everything else. The fact they have bunched up had happed before although our forefathers probably looked at it with dread. Doing shadow work seems never ending and it does feel like it would be a strong time to do such work. Eclipse energy can be a challenge to work with, in my experience in a group. It may be better served in a solitary setting anyway. Although the sounding board of others can be helpful in the right settings.
In my tradition we look at earth and water as being feminine in quality although all the elements retained aspect of the other and can have masculine and feminine aspects, help me understand how air is closely associated here. I see the Goddess of East blowing new life into a newborn child. however air has been my most challenging element. No doubt shadows yet unexplored.
I do feel we, as aware folks, we need to be knowledgeable in living on the land reading weather and caring for each other etc... I did a rant about cell phones recently and I worry that we are placing way too much dependence on the goodies it offers, instead of spending time on the land and learning to read her and understand her and ultimately living in harmony with her.
The weather is weirder this year than I can remember in a very long while. Frankly this atmospheric river they have been talking about is pretty frightening, I live in a valley currently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1862 The cold spike over North America and Canada is another of the cycles that are in direct relation to the severe weather. Now I suppose the eclipses and such may also correspond to these other weather cycles, would make a great deal of sense.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

Thank you Firebird for taking the time to respond.

From my own learning about the shadow/higher self, it is during the eclipses that we receive an alternate illumination into ourselves, mirrored in the phenomenon itself. Maybe it is too symbolic for most, but seeing the connections of the moon, gravitational pull, tides, blood cycles, and also our earth vessel composition which is primarily water, there is a correlation. During the eclipses (and alternately full moon cycles), is also when normally suppressed parts of ourselves, those identified under/as shadow selves have a chance to emerge. Correlated also by the link between lunar cycles and lunacy, both of which sharing the same root word. During this phase, is when an aware individual can facilitate a meeting between himself/herself and shadow self. Ideally, this process releases the hidden baggage and optimises our journey towards our higher selfs.

In Asia, predominantly, we are guided more by the moon than the sun (surya). So recently, the Chinese here celebrated the Lunar New Year, and Muslims as well signal the coming of ages by the appearance of the moon. So I suppose, there is deep predilection towards the moon phases, as it is just deeply immersed in asian culture, myths and folklore. When extrapolated to Joseph Campbell's theory of mono-myths, it helps to explain the psychic/spiritual leanings of certain ethnicities and groups of people. Within holisitic Chinese reading, the Yin and Yang represents the duality of reality, and the balance. (cold/hot, light/dark) There are actually a total of 8 elements, as seen in the hexagonal "bagua" which is used in fengshui and divination. but they are also housed under the main category of Yin and Yang.

http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/images/exa ... /img02.jpg
https://slideplayer.com/slide/5713339/1 ... ht+Day.jpg

it is an extensive topic in itself, and while it seems biased in its binary, especially in regards to gender, the reality is that too much of either, even too much Yang is bad - as it can lead to anger, instability, explosions, both internal and external. Most ailments (spiritual/physical) of our time is seen to be caused by too much Yin, because this is the age of comfort, where most people are lulled into practices that dumb them down, most outstanding is our attachment to technology and phones actually. So it is extremely apt that you also mentioned that. It causes a stagnation, or "frozen" that manifests itself outwards. My vision dream along with the other realisations along the way made it clear to me.

But yet, I also feel that the way to balance it out is to starting introducing movement to the Yin as a regenerative force, where water becomes vapour becomes air and atmosphere - it is possible to push through it. Which is why while the polar vortex / cold spike was very strange and alarming, it was also a signal of change incorporating movement into a stagnant system, facilitated by awakened individuals who seem guided by this feminine energy to reform the status quo, in a peaceful and gentle way.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I missed this thread until tonight. Maybe my shadow self was waiting for the right time to respond. I feel a distinct duality in myself, and I have even reflected that in my tattoos. Something I didn't realize until the artist that has done most of my work pointed it out. My right side is day oriented, while the left is night oriented. It may be time for me to get back in touch with my shadow self.
Daughter of Sekhmet
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

SnowCat wrote:I missed this thread until tonight. Maybe my shadow self was waiting for the right time to respond. I feel a distinct duality in myself, and I have even reflected that in my tattoos. Something I didn't realize until the artist that has done most of my work pointed it out. My right side is day oriented, while the left is night oriented. It may be time for me to get back in touch with my shadow self.
What wonderful synchronicity! smileylove

my shadow self, has deep links to doubt and to some degree, betrayal towards a high authority, which i routinely experienced as a child. meeting, acknowledging and rising beyond the shadow self is deeply personal work, and while it is important, i find that talking about it too much can even be slightly counterproductive, as it has links also to the ego. it's like a person that enjoys listening to himself being the topic of conversation, at some point, it will start feeding it.

so i always take these opportune moments, to ground myself and be present, before relooking into my recent past. usually, awareness will lead to some recent acts (feelings, thoughts) committed by the shadowself, and then it is a matter of delving deeper to look at that until i reach a place of resolution behind that act. sometimes, it is instantaneous (hurray!), other times, it takes months, all the while the shadowself operating very covertly when there is a lapse in my awareness, or when i face a trigger.

while not dangerous, i find the shadowself and the ego (or maybe just mine) is quite the trickster, and will sometimes evade closer inspection by throwing together junk emotions/memories. it will take greater stillness, presence and patience to push through and invite Clarity. the arrival of the higher self is usually signalled by a different vibration and sensation, it emanates the energy of calm, love and compassion.

it can be discouraging, but as long as we don't give up, and always treat ourselves with love, patience and assurance, small progress can be made. this is the resonating energy of our higher selfs coming through to remind us that ascension is always within our destiny and path, we just have to take it easier on ourselves to know that we are on the right path for trying, and putting in the intention and effort.

i wish you well on your inner journey!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sometimes I get the feeling ETs are fighting a psy-op battle of Mad Mag's spy vs spy through us humans :evilwitch:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”