Natural abilities?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Triskele

Natural abilities?

Post by Triskele »

My mom was able to naturally gaze into her see spirits, shadow people, little people (she called them gnomes), magickal creatures and more. She downplayed it because of the church. (rolls eyes) She's passed now.

Long story short, I'm a beginning 49 yr old witch and always wanted to see beyond the veil like she did- but unlike her, I want to fully explore it. Is there a way to wake any abilities I may have to do this? I'm very much hoping I can do the same thing.
~Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cackle maniacally and people back away from you slowly.~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Natural abilities?

Post by SpiritTalker »

The most prominant step is one you have already taken in that you accept that others do see something beyond a physical existence overlapping & intermingled with the mundane. Wanting to explore can cause friction. It's better to want to be invited.

Seeing on-demand isn't always something that can be commanded. The other party has to be willing to be seen & usually it's as a mischievous action. In my gardening days I can't tell you how many times the open garage door (that hangs lopsided so doesn't swing) has been softly shut just at the moment I approach & without a hint of a breeze & has occasionally been opened just as oddly when my hands are full (& hit me in the butt just as I pass through). I don't see anyone there but I feel the laughter. I can't help but laugh too. I only see what They want me to see when they want it to be seen.

Walking around in the "centered state" can open hailing frequencies with what's out there & remember to ground at the close of a get-acquainted session. I was given the Heart Temple meditation (explained in the "getting started" post) when I was introduced to the path as a means to develop psychically. It seems to work for no reason I can explain even when incomplete. Maybe the effort speaks for itself.
Triskele

Post by Triskele »

Thank you, SpiritTalker. I'll look at the Heart Temple meditation. I'll also keep myself open. I've noticed several times doors opening or closing on their own. I always figured it was a spirit helping out. :-)
~Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cackle maniacally and people back away from you slowly.~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

So ... Have you at least acknowledged this butlerian being with the door fetish? That's a way to find out.

If you're into herbs you can use the sense of smell to enhance psychism. Smellivision. Our sense of smell is very primal. It gets the message to the brain fast. Pick out an odd number of botanicals with any lunar, psi or dream correspondences & combine them in a jar. Add one quartz or amethyst pebble. Using an odd total number of ingredients is traditional. You'd want the pleasant but strongly scented herbs or spices. Set your intent. Shake the jar &'inhale before doing any psychic activity.

Something already combined on the grocer's shelf is called pumpkin spice. You may already have it in the kitchen, or mix some. Cinnamon enhances psi & dreaming, nutmeg brings good luck to adventures, ginger is Lunar, all-spice carries well-ness. They combine to set a receptive mood. It's why they are used at Halloween when the veil is thin. The 4 greater Sabbats are when the wee Fae change their seasonal locations so are also good times to catch some activity.

Basil - psi protection in spirit travel, fennel - spiritual wellness, & marjoram - protection is another scent combo idea & brings in spirituality. Garlic - spiritual purifier is optional.

Quartz is all purpose & holds your intention well. Amethyst aids psi.

Hmm - I think I'll copy this into the spells posts.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”