How do you use magick in your every day life?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
missbelladonna

How do you use magick in your every day life?

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone!

One of the things I wanted to do this year was to integrate magick more into my life every day. I know a lot of people are like me where the thought of doing a spell every day just sounds exhausting, and there is much more to witchcraft than spells.

I've been thinking about having a bedtime routine where I can do some meditation and grounding, my prayers, and maybe a cup of tea. I also want to get some more crystal jewelry so I can carry them around more.

What kind of routines do you all have? What things do you do to incorporate spirituality in your life other than spells and rituals?
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
saltyvanillabae

Re: How do you use magick in your every day life?

Post by saltyvanillabae »

Greetings!

While I myself am new, I'm attempting to do daily meditation in the evenings - I've set myself no time limit, as I'm unable to do it very long yet.

I also plan on burning a sigil every few days (or once a week) to increase my productivity.

I don't have any set prayer schedules - I've hardly started finding my pantheon.

Many blessings!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Spiritual practices
. Upon waking light a gratitude candle at altar; give thanks for the day
. Make notes in the dream journal, if any, while sipping magic bean Elixir of Life (aka Coffee)
. 10-20 minute prayer/meditation after coffee and/or later during the day
. Ground, center, shield routine for emotional balance
. Rock Stroking - my go-to grounding & centering aid, calming & balancing
. Routine aura &'chakra cleanse in shower - to be honest I often forget, but it's a goal
. Divination - while not daily, I do occasionally give it a try
. Empathically greet the day, each location & Spirit-of-the-Place at home
. Morning Sun & Earth & 4-wind greeting - 🔁 Hail Sol, Hail Gaia, Hail Boreas, Eurus, Notos, Zephyrus N,E,S,W

Magical practices
. Bless the magic bean elixir, aka coffee
. Feed the birds & critters daily as offerings to Nature gods
. Study 1/2 hour a day on whatever's in the plan (every year I attack a new topic or continue an old one)
. Remove negative energy: mix = parts hot paprika, black pepper & salt sprinkled around a white candle
. Use Silver Raven Wolf’s Parking-space-near-door spell when venturing out
. Heart Temple or Place of Power visit (astral plane thought constructions built over time)
. Prep & charge meals with intent to heal & strengthen body; ditto with vitamins & meds

saltyvanillabae

Ooh, those are all very good! Do you mind if I copy some of those down in my BoS?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Feel free. It's the Internet. We share.
saltyvanillabae

Thank you kindly!
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

Hi.

Things craft related I do daily:

I keep some stones of mine in my purse. Seaglass and coal.

I have a clutch I have a small pouch attached to containing a St. Benedict's Medal and seashells.

I have another clutch I have a small mirror with a hole in the handle attached to with a chain and the mirror hanging, as well as a bottle of perfume for perfuming the mirror in my main purse. This mirror is for divination purposes- Divining on the go!

I also read on craft related subjects daily as well as writing interesting info into my book or bos.
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

I didn't think I had anything to contribute here because I don't really feel like I'm doing much yet, beyond trying to balance a bit of spiritual reading with all of my school work. But then I realized I do actually have a couple things I do!

Every other Monday, I pull a rune and mark it in my planner to contemplate and try to keep in mind when framing the events of the week. (The weeks of Xmas and New year's were marked with the rune 'jera', which has to do with the yearly cycle, among other things. A bit on the nose if you ask me!)

I also have made post-it symbols at work. One is a 'fehu' to channel me some sweet sweet paychecks at work (or just remind myself of my spirituality while I'm there). The other is a stylized symbol I designed based on a hand gesture my therapist made one day, which indicates cultivating groundedness and gentleness at the same time. When I see it, I remember to take deep calming breaths between stressful phone calls. ... Now that I think of it, "algiz" might be a good one to add to my post-it arsenal at work as spiritual protection from all the harsh energies I deal with at work!

I have a boatload of things I *want* to do on the regular, but this is all I've got for now!
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

I practice tarot quite a bit. And crystals are always moving around my place. Also I have been trying to incorporate herbs in with things a lot more as carriers of intentions. Reading a little bit every day is part of the game plan too. I like to buy a new book every once in a while and have 1 or 2 on the pile so there's always new material to delve into. And art. I love to use art and creative writing to express my knowledge and thoughts.
Great topic
Love and Blessings
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

I am struggling to practice daily if I am totally honest. I work all day and always feel like there is something I have to do when home. I am new to the craft and plan to make 2019 my year where i focus more, so this thread is a great help.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

For me its not an everyday thing even if I wanted to, although I do meditate a bit almost every night when going to sleep. Doing spells is more of a special thing, I do it when the need arises. This year I'm trying to be more active with it as before its been kind of on and off thing. It all depends on how much other things I have going on.

Little every day spells which require no more than intent and few words would be something to do, that would definitely be possible to anyone, anytime, anywhere. :) For example a little spell to focus on what ever is the next thing to do or have energy to work/study/practice what ever could be something worth trying.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Stitchwitch

Post by Stitchwitch »

I do a lot of simple spells on tea. I choose the type and blend based on my intention, mentally write a quick incantation (usually a quatrain or couplet) and repeat it as I stir. I'll also draw basic symbols on the surface of the water when I add honey to support the intention. If using loose tea, I'll also read the leaves. I've done this almost every day since beginning to practice witchcraft. While washing dishes I try to be mindful and focus on the memories attached to each piece as I wash. It reminds me why each dish is worth washing and saving and connects me to my home and family. I also enjoy making magical meals that use ingredients and seasonings to support my intent. I have to cook anyway, so I might as well incorporate some witchcraft. Also, showers. I do a quatrain or couplet for what I want to leave behind in the day and choose my soap scents accordingly. I've always had an adversarial relationship with home and self care, but finding the magical in daily tasks has been transformative. (I do still struggle, though. I have depression and magic isn't a cure-all.) I try to do daily reading and research, too, and I'm also trying to incorporate meditation but I'm having difficulty choosing a good space.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Before I retired, when I was working every day & as soon as I got home (after letting the dog out & feeding cat's, putting the kettle on low & getting into comfy clothes) id cast a simple circle around my recliner chair. I'd sit a while to decompress. I was gonna sit anyhow so I practiced minor circle casting daily. I kept a little flask of holy water & an incense stick next to my recliner for easy access. A simple circle dissipates on it's own because no quarters are called to hold it together. Even a simple circle blocks out random static interference. It made decompressing from my day more effective. I didnt do a visualized shielding - but made the effort to earth-link & raise energy to physically project the circle through my pointing fingers because I wanted to really get that technique down reliably. Decom gave me an excuse to practice it.
LC

Post by LC »

SpiritTalker wrote:Something I used to do when I was working every day & I got home (after letting the dog out & feeding cat's, putting the kettle on low & getting into comfy clothes) was to cast a simple circle around my chair. I'd sit a while to decompress. I was gonna sit anyhow so I practiced minor circle casting daily. A simple circle dissipates when you walk through it bcs there's no quarters called to hold it together. Even a simple circle blocks out random static interference. It makes decompressing from the day more effective. I didnt do a visualized shielding - but made the effort to earth-link & raise energy to physically project the circle through my pointing fingers because I wanted to really get that technique down reliably. Decom gave me an excuse to practice it.
I’ve never thought about a minor circle casting, that’s awesome.
I also have trouble with work being crazy this time of the year. I also am going to start feeding the birds every morning. I try to read a little bit each day.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm sure the birds will appreciate it. :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”