How do you learn to trust your intuition?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Stitchwitch

How do you learn to trust your intuition?

Post by Stitchwitch »

I struggle with mental health disorders, so I've been learning for years NOT to trust my gut. I also suppressed most of my more magically inclined thinking as a young teen to better fit in and seem less childish. Any advice on how to know when to trust my intuition or exercises I can do to improve my perceptiveness?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How do you learn to trust your intuition?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Trusting our inner mechanisms is related to knowing our higher self. When I was a raw beginner as a medium I was given an exercise called "heart temple".

The Heart Temple is an astral realm thought-construct to develop visualization skills and psychic sensitivity. a thought-construct is an image we build in the astral realm by repetition of an imaginary setting. It builds and strengthens each time we re-imagine it. It's always there once we've established it.

More importantly It forges a path to communicate with your true-will aka "higher self" consciousness. The Will expresses through the heart center & visualization expresses thru the 3rd eye, so it aids these as well. The symbolism is meaningful to the subconscious. The temple is you. The flame is your heart-of-being. Nine is a number related to the triple moon )O( and psychic sensitivity. Don't worry if the whole visualization doesn't flow. It takes repetition to succeed. Sometimes you can't get all 9 steps. Just Keep Going. Sometimes the flame won't budge. Stick with it. Aim for the ideal. Practice.

The temple can be any style you want. Your imagination will provide the images. You can put as much detail into it as you like such as texture & color variations, light and shadow plays. Your imagination gets to come out and play.

Relax and deep breathe for a few minutes. Then visualize ascending nine steps to enter a temple. The only furnishing is a flame. Your imagination will design it. Go along with it.

Focus your imaginary gaze on the flame, and will it to raise higher and lower on command.

Do this nine times. Then return the flame to it's maintenance level.

Depart the temple by descending the nine steps. Return to your ordinary surroundings and ground your energy.
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

You have to learn the difference between your brain talking to you and your gut/heart talking to you.

What an amazing experience for you to have this ability to differentiate between the 2. You can hone this and never feel bad for questioning your thoughts. That's healthy discernment
Love and Blessings
barker

Post by barker »

Astro Logical 1 wrote:You have to learn the difference between your brain talking to you and your gut/heart talking to you.

What an amazing experience for you to have this ability to differentiate between the 2. You can hone this and never feel bad for questioning your thoughts. That's healthy discernment
Yes.

I found that I could grok the intuitive and logical faculties separately. It is very imporants to have logic at hand if your spirituality is at all uneasy. I picture logic as a series of shapes: square, circle, triangle, rectangle. The shapes have intrinsic meanings like square: work, safety, sound. circle: truth, understanding, grace. triangle: mind, peace, harmony. rectangle: body, force, honesty. You can meditate on them.

If you activitate the logic mind a lot of what you do will flow well from within that space.
Stitchwitch

Post by Stitchwitch »

Thank you!
Stitchwitch

Post by Stitchwitch »

Trusting our inner mechanisms is related to knowing our higher self. When I was a raw beginner as a medium I was given an exercise called "heart temple
I just wanted to thank you again, SpiritTalker. I feel like this exercise has really been working for me. I've done it most nights since you shared it, sometimes a few times for extra practice. The temple has become something of a home base for my meditation work and it served as a framework for some really rewarding shadow work (my first attempt) timed with the eclipse last night. I'm truly shocked by the images my subconscious has been providing. Thank you for giving me the tools to get there.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

1000 blessings!
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

Wow it's been a while since I've been on here but I totally get this. I have a hard time separating intuition and my mental illness as well. What has helped me is to focus on a bunch of smaller intuition tests, build up a little bank of sorts of positive occurrences "I was right I knew it!" types of situations. I find that the more I end up right that it's easier to trust what I'm getting instead of letting the doom and gloom devil on my shoulder come in and try and talk me out of it.

I also read a thing a while back that said that your intuition is kind and will never show as doubt or fear, and so I use that a lot too if I need to be able to tell is it my intuition or anxiety or am I doubting myself.
barker

Post by barker »

Meditating on colour is the easiest way to understand intuition. "Acidwarp" on youtube is just grand. But do get logic... there starts the square, that's why they say think outside it. Some people just don't!
Isidor

Post by Isidor »

Astro Logical 1 wrote:You have to learn the difference between your brain talking to you and your gut/heart talking to you.

That is a phenomenal way to put it, Astro Logical 1, and so true!!!

As Astro Logical 1 stated, Stitchwitch you are already well on your way. I agree though, exercises are a great way to build confidence in any arena, especially one that can be as tricky as this. There are actually a lot of online free classes to build intuition etc. On a quick search I found these:

https://schoolofintuitivestudies.com/pr ... ng-course/

http://www.positiveintuition.com/lp/min ... ?otag=wowf

I have not used these two, but they look decent. The second one is MindValley, who usually charges for classes, so I think it just a free 5-day mini thing. The important thing is these will get it on your mind on a daily basis, keeping it fresh and active. As I've read elsewhere, it is like a muscle that strengthens as it is used, so if you are using it regularly you will be a powerhouse in no time!

Good luck Stitchwitch and let us know how your journey goes :)

-Isidor

PS: Udemy also has some extremely well-rated classes that they charge for, but they are ¥1,200 (or $10-ish US dollars?) and regularly have discounts. I have used Udemy in the past and those inexpensive classes are a lot of fun. Plus I'm nerdy enough to display the certificates of completion ;) So if you are also that kind of nerdy, here's the link:

https://www.udemy.com/intuitioncourse/
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

All good and insightful answers! Loved reading them!

For me, my intuition and instinct goes hand in hand, and i really learnt to tap on them during a dark period in my life.
During that time, I was opened to the universe, but because of my own ego (cycnicism and skepticism) i just was not ready to believe.
I was ready to convince myself that 1. it was wishful thinking, 2. just coincidences, 3. or that i am seriously losing my mind.

also within this period, i was so desperate that i began bargaining and testing. i asked for signs and they came. for whatever reasons,
i can't detail them all here, but they were speaking out so loud and clear to me, that i simply broke down. out of relief and amazement
that there was an intelligent universe in communication with me, but primarily also, out of shame.

shame for having doubted, and for wielding my ego to challenge the universe and life-source itself to prove itself to me, just a mortal.
I feel so ashamed and to be 100% honest, i still hold myself to it to this day.

however, the only positive outcome i can channel from this shame is to be open and connected as best as i can - that's my biggest "channel" i utilise, and the best way I can honour this connection which has opened up. synchronicities, some vision dreams, and deep intuition/instincts that go off, very clearly and loudly in my core. it can happen in an instant, and takes me a while before i can verbalise and put it into language for my mind to string together.

i find the best way is to not have fear, but rather stand humble and open in this great awareness. And things will open up and reveal themselves, only for your attention, but reiterated by your intuition and instincts. it is completely formless and intangible, but i've learnt that this is the way of the universe, it is only made real to you, as you acknowledge it.

You will not be able to prove it to anyone else, but it will be more real to you, more than even your body or the person next to you. this is how you can tell there is the deep intuitive will of the universe guiiding you, as we are borne from it, connected to it and to it we shall all return.

hope this helps! <3
barker

Post by barker »

I feel a similar "shame"/"humility" matter with regard to my original prayers. They were answered so powerfully that I am still feeling it. I prayed to give myself to god, he said in the end that he will give me back when the time is right. barker

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”