Essential Oils

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LC

Essential Oils

Post by LC »

I have been looking at some essential oils at my local store. Most mention it being used for the burner thingy, but can it be used on skin or something without the burner?

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Essential Oils

Post by Firebird »

Essential oils might burn the skin, depending on the oil, so do some research first. Use quality oils for the best results, here is a thread that covers some particulars.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24286.html
Best wishes!
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LC

Post by LC »

Thank you!
barker

Post by barker »

Lavender is great for skin. U can put it on your pillow at night or in the bath. Forgets every ill.
barker

Post by barker »

Cedar (my other favourite) remembers one the physical reality... in such cases where the spirits are trying impinge on that self.
LC

Post by LC »

The funny thing is that my mom got me an essential oils thingy with the oils for Christmas. It’s great but I may have accidentally put to much peppermint in the water because I couldn’t figure out it and ended up just shaking more than a few drops.
barker

Post by barker »

Peppermint is great for reflexes, "godspeed" or else really boring.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I love essential oils for aromatherapy, although I am a little too afraid to use them on skin or ingesting them. Essential oils are not regulated, so anyone can claim that they are "therapy grade" or "food grade" (or whatever), which is why I'm nervous about using them very seriously for medicinal purposes. There are also a LOT of multi-level marketing schemes (a.k.a. pyramid schemes) in the essential oil world, which makes me even more skeptical of a lot of the medicinal uses. If you're looking to use them on skin or ingest them, do a lot of research and ease into it!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I recently came upon some oils that were supposed to be "therapeutic" out of this pack of maybe 7, only a couple smelled... passable. One was an orange and is harsh for lack of a better definition. One has and overtone of machine oil and one doesn't smell at all like what it is supposed to be. It's a Tea tree but it smells sort of floral, not like any Tea tree I have ever encountered. This isn't the first time I have run into an oil that was mismarked. Even a relatively good oil, (Natures Alchemy) had a mismarked label. I forget what it was exactly but I think it may have been Vetivert when it was really Patchouli... or visa versa. So one really has to get out there and smell a few in order to make a choice.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Essential Oils

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Dilute, dilute, dilute. Fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil are great. I do use oils on skin and I also consume them, but only quality oils I have researched. Be careful of using certain oils on your skin that will be exposed to sunlight, as some are photosensitive and will have negative reactions. Only consume oils that explicitly say they can be consumed AND dilute or put into gel capsule. I’m also a part of one of those multi level marketing schemes, hehe. But, a scheme is only a “scheme” to me of the product doesn’t work and isn’t necessary or useful. I use essential oils every day so it’s nice to get oils from a company that rewards you for using their products as well. Instead of making more room in my budget I replaced existing items with the oils. (Cleaning products, facial care, hair therapy, perfumes, etc) Plus I’ve been in whole foods store where part time employees mishandle the oils and place them in front of a sunny window. I’d rather just order from a company I trust who boxes them up in a warehouse and ships them right to me. :)

Rosie
barker

Post by barker »

Frankincense erases negative thinking.

But I have found they all convert "the sound" into "the light". Crystals, on the other hand, convert "the light" into the "sound". That means love has unique ways.
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

I use my oils in a diffuser. Love they way they effect a room

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”