House cleansing and protections

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
RainChild

House cleansing and protections

Post by RainChild »

I am learning on my own and I wanted to double check some things. I have read that horse shoes are good to have in your home for protection, a broom behind the door is important for protection, and that camphor works better then sage when cleansing a home. Are these true and also if you know of any articles that are accurate please let me know. I am always looking to learn more.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: House cleansing and protections

Post by SpiritTalker »

The iron from which a horse shoe is made has protective properties because iron deflects other-world energies. The Fae detest iron because it interferes with their natural polarity. Im not Fae as far as I know but holding my cast iron pot makes my hands tingle uncomfortably & I detest the smell (shudder). I got scratched once while cleaning the cast iron pot & a tiny metal sliver caused an allergic reaction with blisters & took months to heal once I got the sliver out; so as far as I'm concerned iron has verifiable repelling properties. The horse-shoe shape forms a crescent & symbolizes the Moon that we witches honor. The crescent Moon with horns up is an uncommon celestial phenomenon & one of power. Horns-up keeps the "luck" from draining away. Only a blacksmith may turn the shoe horns-down with impunity as his Iron-handling is highly respected.

Broom-stick...well, what is a broomstick? It's the trad witch's staff in homely disguise. The "Stang" is a sacred tool & as such, it summons and conducts power. These associations make the broomstick a symbol of witch-flight, astral travel. Power again. When there is power in a thing it is protective. A household broom would need to be imbued with these associated traditions to carry their power. A cleansing, blessing &'charging to set the intention is done with any magical tool.

Camphor disinfects & repels insects thus has verifiable home protection properties. It is a white substance & thus associated with the Moon which gives it that extra pizzazz by association. Whether camphor is more effective than sage probably depends on what you want to repel. Obviously disinfecting & bug-busting are prized qualities for home cleansing.
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

I am wanting to add more protections to my home and cleanse it again. I am wanting to keep all negativity out. Mainly when I deal with one person, I feel drained and my anxiety goes through the roof. I cannot get that person out of my life right now due to what is going on in my life so I am looking to protect my home and family as much as I can. However I do not have a lot of money to do so. So I am looking into cheaper options that will provide as much protection as possible.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What cannot be changed due to constraining circumstances must be endured so ... In addition to the protective measures that you can afford & can perform, also work on grounding the frustration when it rises. Not as denial but as temporary endurance. Strengthen your personal energy shield so their caustic energy cannot sting. This shield automatically kicks in when you've built it up to begin with. Personal energy protective stones can be carried & stroked to aid grounding & get relief. It's the black-colored stones (hematite, obsidian, tourmaline) & the gold-colored stones (pyrite, yellow jasper, amber) that help shielding.
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

Thank you. I do have a lot of crystals and I know I have some black ones. I will start carrying them. I have been carrying selenite. I will also do some reading strengthening my power and shielding.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Salt is inexpensive protection. After each visit by the disagreeable person, lightly sprinkle salt in their tracks & sweep it out the door & off the doorstep with that broom you keep behind the door. Sprinkle & sweep all the way to where they parked their car.
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

Even if you have carpet through out your home?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Got a vacuum? Also take note of the words "lightly sprinkle".
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

Thank you so much Spirit. It has already helped with the person I was talking about!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

smiley_dance
Deersong

Post by Deersong »

well I for one am now a firm believer in the broomstick, really it's what you believe works that will work. I hung a small decorative broom, which I meditated with under the full moon, I kept repeating "hate, anger, negativity stay away". Since hanging it above my front door a lot of negative people either refuse to come inside or they want to use the back door. I am new to witchcraft but so everything I have done has had a positive outcome. Just wanted to share
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can't help it, I'm a rhyme fan so I rethink automatically as "Out! Out! Out! Be gone. You are weak. I am strong."
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Very Bardic :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

Deersong wrote:well I for one am now a firm believer in the broomstick, really it's what you believe works that will work. I hung a small decorative broom, which I meditated with under the full moon, I kept repeating "hate, anger, negativity stay away". Since hanging it above my front door a lot of negative people either refuse to come inside or they want to use the back door. I am new to witchcraft but so everything I have done has had a positive outcome. Just wanted to share
Deersong I will have to get a few. I have also been trying to find iron horseshoes. My father in law has some but keep forgetting them.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I wrote a house cleansing ritual a while ago; it's what I use regularly!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”