Unsure if I should do a spell/ritual and then what to do

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LC

Unsure if I should do a spell/ritual and then what to do

Post by LC »

After 2 years I have decided to get pregnant by sperm donor. I saw a doctor, picked a donor, find a place to get a loan that helps with this sort of thing, and support of my friends. Everything crashed when I told my mom. She was upset and mad at me for deciding to do this. If I do it I am kicked out of the house and will have no help/support from them (or atleast from my mom).

I really and truly want to do this. I need to find an apartment I can afford, somehow get a loan without a co-signer. I had already was going to move out but I had thought my parents would help me find getting an apartment, and allow me to stay with them until a month before the baby was born. She told me straight out that I hadn't considered them in this decision, and that they will not have a baby in the house or raise one.
I was going to move out anyway, and no way would I make/let my parents raise my child. I understood some of her concerns but what really broke me happened the next day. I had filmed a video of water leaking into the bottom of passenger floor of my car from my car. That night I asked if she could check her email, and she gave me the dirtiest look. We have not talked in a week. The only time we talked when I asked for some headache medicine this morning.

You probably didn't want to know all of that. I know a money spell involves a green candle but I'm not sure about it. Plus everything else.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed. I truly want to have a child but I'm at a lost of what to do now.

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Unsure if I should do a spell/ritual and then what to do

Post by SpiritTalker »

Your mother has my regard.
Wanting something does not make it a good idea.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I feel your angst. I too wanted children, many children...6 sounded good. Bit of my own Brady bunch. My mother was not supportive in the idea, she also had the fear I would end up on welfare and back at her house expecting her to watch kid so I could work. Thankfully I did not get pregnant at 16, 17 or 18. But at age 24. Which in retrospect was way too early. Mostly because I do not think I was emotionally ready, I had no idea how demanding a child would be.
I have to say it sounds like you may be going about this a little backwards. I presume you have a job, and savings, because once the baby is born you will not be working unless you have a work at home job. Babies cost a lot of money, diapers alone almost broke me. Stable housing is a must and one should have that in place before getting pregnant. Your parents should not have to help you find a place, and by help I presume you mean financially. If you are not financially sound before you go into this you will be spending much of your time trying to make ends meet, and that is a struggle that is not fun. I remember having to give the babysitter nearly my whole paycheck and not to mention I was missing the subtle changes my daughter was undergoing on a daily basis. That alone distressed me the most, I was missing my child growing up. I eventually quit, but it made the tight ends even tighter, however I was fortunate to have a partner that was willing to work while I raised child. We didn't eat high on the hog or live in the best part of town, but we did it without help. Frankly I marvel at anyone who is a single parent, yet they are frequently exhausted and feel there is no time for themselves...and they are right. One looses a bit of their identity when child comes along.
I really don't understand how a car with water on the floorboard plays into this.
But I would suggest doing some serious meditations on this and several tarot readings in regards to foresight. Any spells that would need casting may be along the lines of financial stability, housing, and strength. Once this is in place, then consider child.
Blessings in your quest, Firebird
Ps...I only had one child, after the first which was a difficult pregnancy that ended in an emergency C-section, I gave up on 5 more.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LC

Post by LC »

Thank you both. Reading your posts helped me take a step back and think. I think that I was hoping for a little more encouragement and support from my mom. With housing, it’s not looking and financial help. I’ve got a list to call landlords. The way she said it felt like she wouldn’t want anything to do with the baby and we wouldn’t be welcomed. Everyone else has been supportive and I had to have some from my mom.
I have a good stable full time job but even my bosses think I get paid high enough with my degrees. I think I am terrified that I’m going to lose my chance to have a child because I’m already 30.

Thank you both for your replies.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Don't let your dream die out, you still have time. Moms can be a pain I know, I am as a mom :roll: and my mother was too. When I told her I was pregnant she actually told me not to ever expect to move back into their (both parents) house with an infant. great support, eh? lol...we actually did once but it was in-between places and we were only there like a month, but she fully freaked me out with that comment. I have a friend who just had a baby at 36, and all is well. Keep the faith.
Best wishes, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
LC

Post by LC »

The goddess Morrigan appeared in one of my dreams. She was very pregnant and told me to not stop trying I hope this meant that I will get pregnant some time in the future but it will be a tough road
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Pregnancy can be symbolic of fullness of life so could suggest don't stop trying a for a fully meaningful life. FBF wrote some very sensible comments. Being self sufficient so you can support a dependent for 20 years is something to consider seriously. living off your mom or off from friend's is not an option.
ListensKeenly

Post by ListensKeenly »

Honestly it sounds like you should wait and create a more stable life before you add a child into the mix.

Move out, get your own place, save your money and create a strong foundation for your coming life as a mother.

Xx
Last edited by Firebird on Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk advertisment, please remove
beemerphill

Post by beemerphill »

Please take my reply as you would take advice from a Dutch Uncle. It is not meant to make you feel bad or to criticize you. You are 30 years old and living with your mom. You told us that you need a loan. You also told us that there is some problem with your car. Please consider that you may not be ready to have a child. It is a full-time endeavor for two committed adults who are financially secure. Getting pregnant at this time would probably be too much for you to handle on your own, and you would be going back to your mom for help. You would do that because you would NEED help. She knows this and is trying to discourage you from making this choice. She is not your enemy, she is giving you some sound advice. If my daughter were in the same situation I would give her the same advice. Listen to her. Get your life in order and prepare a bit more. You do have a couple more years before the biological clock runs out.
LC

Post by LC »

I understand why about what she said. I think I was just so upset I wasn't thinking clearly. But in good news, I will be moving into an apartment this weekend. My mom and dad are now begging me to stay home. My dad is pulling all the stops to get me to stay.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

boy that's tough, I wish you the very best in your transition. Hey, kinda magical time of year to be doing this...very symbolic!

bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”