Was anyone else scared during their early Wicca journey?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
intheflatfield

Was anyone else scared during their early Wicca journey?

Post by intheflatfield »

I just wondered if like me, you felt apprehensive about Wicca due to maybe not knowing enough, casting a spell and then thinking something bad would happen?

Just looking for some reassurance I suppose and wondered how everyone felt on their early journey in Wicca.

Thanks
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Was anyone else scared during their early Wicca journey?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I jump like a rabbit when startled, but that's not the same as being mortally scared. I am respectful. I only dove under the table that one time …
If you aren't confident about your spells, back off. There's no need to hurry to jump in & do a face plant. And if you do face plant, so what?... learn from it. You can pull the energy out of a spell, ground it & let it neutralize.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

I felt a little like that but I was lucky that my early phase of being pagan was guided by another more experienced pagan. After learning the basics I got comfortable with it all and wasn't worried anymore
LC

Post by LC »

I always feel like I'm not good enough and that I'm not putting enough time in. My parents don't know about me being a witch so it's hard to find a place to cast a circle. Right now I am trying to learn what all I can about history and deities. I'm hoping then that I will be able to do more.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

@LC it's possible to mentally cast circles. You can visualize yourself physically casting, but it happens in your mind, instead of out in the open where your parents can see it.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think I was more afraid of the neighbors seeing me than anything else.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LC

Post by LC »

@SnowCat I’ve of read about it as just mentally but some writers had said to only do it physically. If I can do it mentally that would be amazing.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

SpiritTalker wrote: If you aren't confident about your spells, back off. There's no hurry to jump in & face plant. And if you do face plant ... Then learn from it & dont try to re-do it; You can pull the energy out of it, ground it & let it neutralize.
That is such great advice and thank you for taking the time to offer such great advice.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

:lol:
firebirdflys wrote:I think I was more afraid of the neighbors seeing me than anything else.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

LC wrote:I always feel like I'm not good enough and that I'm not putting enough time in. My parents don't know about me being a witch so it's hard to find a place to cast a circle. Right now I am trying to learn what all I can about history and deities. I'm hoping then that I will be able to do more.

That sounds similar to my journey and I think deep down, the more I learn the more confident I will be.
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

Ashrend wrote:I felt a little like that but I was lucky that my early phase of being pagan was guided by another more experienced pagan. After learning the basics I got comfortable with it all and wasn't worried anymore

I think that is it - The more you learn the more confident you will feel. :)
Tornadofire-Sylva

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

My first foray into Paganism was through Wicca- I did alright until my mother found out and tried to convince me that the Goddess was actually someone else and that I'd die a terrible death. This is obviously false. Yikes, Ma.
Personally, I agree with intheflatfield. This is your journey, don't let anyone tell you how to take it. Like with driving, playing monopoly, and college, increasing your knowledge increases your confidence.
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

Tornadofire-Sylva wrote:My first foray into Paganism was through Wicca- I did alright until my mother found out and tried to convince me that the Goddess was actually someone else and that I'd die a terrible death. This is obviously false. Yikes, Ma.
Personally, I agree with intheflatfield. This is your journey, don't let anyone tell you how to take it. Like with driving, playing monopoly, and college, increasing your knowledge increases your confidence.
Many thanks for your great reply.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I was scared because I was a Christian Orthodox up until that point, and I always thought that I would get punished or something, I was casting spells and I was afraid something bad would happen...no worries, just keep reminding yourself that magic is not evil, nothing bad happens unless you are wishing for it.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
intheflatfield

Post by intheflatfield »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:I was scared because I was a Christian Orthodox up until that point, and I always thought that I would get punished or something, I was casting spells and I was afraid something bad would happen...no worries, just keep reminding yourself that magic is not evil, nothing bad happens unless you are wishing for it.
Thanks and that makes perfect sense.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”