Expanding Knowledge

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LC

Expanding Knowledge

Post by LC »

I feel I’m at the point where beginner books are not helpful. Are there any suggestions on more advance books?

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Expanding Knowledge

Post by SpiritTalker »

Did'j'ya check the EUTM book review section? I just did & saw a few good suggestions id be interested in myself that delve beyond Wiccan paths. It's hard to guess what might be of interest to another person. Think about where your weaknesses are & fill those gaps. Read deeper about your strengths. Specialize. Develop skills. I browsed Amazon for "advanced wicca & witchcraft" & was disappointed in finding only 3. I had better luck searching "traditional witchcraft", "Cunning Folk", regional & folk magic. Branching to individual topics gets more.

I've heard Chris Penczak writes more deeply and thoroughly on the craft. I haven't read any of his books myself.

Or what the heck? Take a study break &'journal like mad. Evaluate what you already understand and if you still have questions on some beginner things Get Answers you can work with. Think about how you can develop the skills you actually use or want to have. This is advancement. Advanced WC books are few because development is individual & intuitive.

You could read books out side of Witchcraft to tie back in to your actual practice. I like the "Idiot's Guide" and the "For Dummies" books as intro's to things like Alchemy & Quantum Physics. Look at Pagan variations and other paths besides Wicca. Read witchcraft trial research by anthropologists like Carlo Ginsburg & Emma Wilby so you know the real practices that have survived.
LC

Re: Expanding Knowledge

Post by LC »

This was great advice! I’ve been trying to expand more and I will definitely check these out!

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”