Chit-chat with the Goddess?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mirrorah

Chit-chat with the Goddess?

Post by Mirrorah »

I'm at that point again, that I always get to when I try to get into Wicca. I"ll be going along great, then suddenly, I will get confused about how to talk to the Goddess, and the relationship will stall. When I was young and had never been exposed to anything beyond Christianity, I was around a lot of people who thought that you could just chit-chat with Jesus whenever you wanted. I knew a woman who mumbled to him all night at work. She'd tell him her back hurt and pray to him about it and thank him for giving her the strength to make it through the shift. Since I grew up around that, it didn't seem strange to me. Well, okay, it did seem strange actually. lol But I at least understood that most people I knew, thought that Jesus does not have a problem listening to you, even if you're just mumbling about your back all night because you have a close personal relationship with him.This is what I'm used to. This is what I know. But when I think of talking to my Goddess that way, just start telling her how I feel about something, it seems so arrogant and rude and I'm afraid I'll offend her. Plus, I always think, "Why would she possibly want to talk to me? I"m nobody. I"m not in the least bit interesting, not to an ancient consciousness. She must find me so presumptuous." I feel like I have to have some kind of formal ceremony to communicate with her or it she might get offended, A lot of the things I read will talk about how you have to be sure to offer the right incense and the right food offerings because you might offend her if you haven't taken the time to find these things out about her and she won't help you. But the thing is, just doesn't work for me. I need a relationship with someone that I can talk to without having ceremony every time.When I'm stressed, and too messed up to concentrate and I just need to get things out can I talk to her? Will she get mad at me and find me presumptuous? Will she forgive me when it's simply the best I can do. Thing is, I've chosen a Goddess lots of people say you're supposed to stay away from. Maybe that's why I'm so scared. It's Hekate. I've thought and thought about this, is it really Hekate? Because the things I read about make her sound really scary. They always tell you that if you follow Hekate, you're life will come crashing down around you. But the way I feel, is I'm used to that. It's always been that way for me. She's always been there. She's probably the reason I'm still sane. I know she's always been there. So why am I so afraid to talk to her? Okay....I'm done. Please forgive all my constant questions. I"ve had a lot of stuff on my mind for a long time and really needed to ask questions. Plus, I don't think I know enough to help anyone else right now.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Chit-chat with the Goddess?

Post by SpiritTalker »

You know She's always been there. Why would that change? It's our perception of Deity that shifts. At the instant when you ask why Hekate would be interested in little you, you have shifted your consciousness & taken your gaze off Hekate and focused it on yourself. The personality you touch in that moment is your own limited human-ness & not Her eternal-ness. And you immediately recognize our human personality is too self-centered to encompass human foibles. It's a signal to refocus your consciousness away from self and back on center to your Deity.

And you can't ask too many questions on a forum. It keeps the forum alive.
barker

Post by barker »

Goddess pays confidence in bucketloads. If you have something to say that comes from the core of you, let her know. This way of doing it, she can do all sorts of divine blessings with that are not selfish to her. She really does respect life but there is a lot of chaotic intellect in people who are confused about each other - the deep/confident way overrides this aspect.
Mirrorah

Post by Mirrorah »

Thank you guys. I think Spirittalker, that what you meant was that I am giving the Goddess human characteristics. Barker, I think I know what you mean.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

No, I wasn't suggesting anthropomorphizing.

One of the things you'd asked was: So why am I so afraid to talk to her?

I replied: At the instant when you ask why Hekate would be interested in little you, you have shifted your consciousness & taken your gaze off Hekate and focused it on yourself.

With your interior gaze focussed on Her you're not afraid. We use consciousness to control our interior gaze. It's a prayer-consciousness thing.

:mrgreen: Don't worry about it.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”