Looking for... something...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Looking for... something...

Post by SnowCat »

Just checking. I get a lot of interesting reasons for why people do what they do, that gets them arrested.
Daughter of Sekhmet
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

What about putting them in a different category ?
ie: bad habits...etc.
Just a thought...
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have a feeling you would gain a great deal by letting go.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

firebirdflys wrote:I have a feeling you would gain a great deal by letting go.
BB, FF
Define letting go
Last edited by Firebird on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please remove tapatalk signature advertisment
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

The way I have found best for myself in handling the things and characteristics I do not find exactly pleasant about myself has been to acknowledge them, look them, square in the face, and ask myself why do I do this? Why do I think in this way? Why is it I say these things?

And then all the grisly shadow work begins....

Deciding what needs changing immediately, healthier ways to think, behave, and speak, constant mental reminders of- Hey you are judging this person, or this is simply your bad attitude, etc.

The way I see this- these things when we are honest with ourselves about them, may not make us feel nice, cozy, loving, kind or very pleasant at all in fact, and in fact this is the very reason we need to bring these things we dislike about ourselves into the light- take responsibility for them, give them a name, and then seek to transcend, or transform them, mutate them if you will into more healthy ways of behaving, speaking, acting.

Transforming verily shadow into light.

And being honest with the self.

That is all I can think to try to say to offer at this time.
barker

Post by barker »

Some of my voices started saying, don't be unclean at all it's disgusting. I didn't get it at first. Still don't frankly. I am really clean now.

Tulpa of CleverlyDisguised says [insert negative thought that solves the whole thing here]. Holestly go the tulpa :)
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

It makes me so sad when I hear that people want to destroy or banish a part of themselves (even though I, too, go through this feeling more often than I'd like to admit). Keeping in mind that I am brand-spanking-new to witchcraft, and my views are from more of a mental-health perspective (which I'm feeling are actually more intertwined than I expected).... Here are my 2 cents.

You mentioned that you have done a little shadow work, that you know (or have a pretty good idea of) the causes, background, and triggers of this behavior, and you have acknowledged that this behavior has served you well in the past. This last part is, to me, arguably one of the most important parts.

I wonder if, instead of fighting the part/behavior/what-have-you, and trying to get it to go away and leave you alone... Perhaps when you see it come up in your life you can thank it. Let it know that you appreciate what it has done to help you in the past. Let it know that it is important to you, and that it has done a good job of protecting you. But also let it know, gently, that you have grown up and moved on from whatever threat it was protecting you from. You are safe now, so this part can relax and use its energies to support you in other ways.

I never quite know how this type of explanation is going to go over when I share it with new folks, so I hope I don't step on any toes or anything. I just hope it helps :)
barker

Post by barker »

A reading from my I Ching interpret:

55. Prosperity: The way we enjoy time with friends
-> 6: what we don't like about ourselves, well.. we have to destroy. or like that in others too.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:
firebirdflys wrote:I have a feeling you would gain a great deal by letting go.
BB, FF
Define letting go
Well, rather than trying to bully down that which you do not like within your self, when an issue comes up and you find yourself going to that crazy place, First you will have to stop yourself in the moment and examine why you wish to respond in a way you do not like. If you really wish to gain control over the shadow, that may be the hardest part. Stopping in the moment.
by letting go of a situation or attitude you will find some peace and relief, it takes lots of hard work though, no pill or overnight revelation, time involved in rewiring ones brain can be intensive, after all it took X years to get here t may take X years to get out, and that is with diligence.

I found a quote I liked by Mandy Hale
Letting go does not mean you stop caring,
it means you stop trying to force others to.

I don't know if that pertains to your situation, but it helped me quite a bit. link to letting go
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -let-it-go

im gonna let go right now because the computer is acting up :roll:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”