A close friend wants to join a coven

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
acekittencharley

Post by acekittencharley »

I know this girl, and for her anonymity I will call her by her witch name, Willow.

Willow is looking for a coven.

HOWEVER. One supposed "leader" of a coven has asked for sexual favors before he allows her to join. This is bad. But she really wants to practice with this coven because one of her friends is in it, too. How do I convince her that this isn't normal or right???
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

This is one method Vampires and other Black magicians use to control their subordinates, by linking the sexual centers or sexual energy with their own. After creating the link, they strengthen it over time, and after that they have full control.. The members feel like they are moving forward spiritually, but in reality the Vamp is just feeding them small and almost useless pieces of information in the guise of revelation or enlightenment. They might give lessons, but they never pass the first grade. Usually ceremonies involve the Vamp strengthening his control while the subordinate thinks they’re helping with a ritual. In the end they’re just opening themselves up so he can feed off of their energy. Watch any documentary on Cults and you’ll see what I mean.

Taking the time to read one serious occult philosophy book in private (probably takes about a month for the average beginner) is equivalent to about two years with this type of charlatan. Plus you don’t get the negative effects.

It might help to explain that to her.

If she’s looking for a teacher, she should seek out her guardians and guides.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If willow is under legal age that sleaze bag coven misfit is soliciting sex, aka human trafficking. Human trafficking should be reported to the law.

It's time for willow to wake up & see herself. What Corvidus said is true. Alister Crowley was known to use similar methods to enslave people.

I feel for your concern. Be blunt with willow. But in the end she will live with her own decision.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Sounds like he's running a cult and not a coven.

I'd tell your friend to run for the hills.
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

This sleaze ball is forcing them self on your friend. NO gain should be looked at as worth your friends moral well being. Even if your friend does not wish to turn this matter over to the authorities, it is your ethical duty to make this right.
vonPfaf

Post by vonPfaf »

I agree with all the above comments.

I would also add that if a coven leader requires and has to ask for sexual favors prior to admittance, then he isn't a true powerful magick user. It is a deception, it is basic carnal gratification at its lowest levels, and your friend will learn nothing from this person. A true magickain will draw people to themselves, they will be enthralled by him / or her and willingly offer themselves to be in union and connected to this person without them even having to ask.
He is a no-body and its all an act.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

vonPfaf wrote:A true magickain will draw people to themselves, they will be enthralled by him / or her and willingly offer themselves to be in union and connected to this person without them even having to ask.
He is a no-body and its all an act.
While I agree he is a low-level n00b, my perspective of a magician is a little different.

A true Magician doesn’t draw people to him, and will most likely try his hardest not to build unnecessary attachments. Magicians don’t waste their energy on trivial things. The magician is able to live and let live. He also is adept at the art of forgetting.

But that’s just my opinion :)
MsMollimizz

Re: A close friend wants to join a coven

Post by MsMollimizz »

Acekittencharley,
I would think that another coven can be found on witchvox.com
or thru the local metaphysical shop...
To me this is unheard of entrance to a coven-especially if they
are attached ! I wonder if he required male applicants the same,
if there is ANY males in coven. Also, what's to stop him from asking
again and again if they are in the coven ? I'd steer clear myself !
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”