Not quite meditation...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
GroundedDancer

Not quite meditation...

Post by GroundedDancer »

So, I've come to notice that every once in a while, I can be doing something in the middle of the day and decide to close my eyes for a second to rest (like when I've been studying a while, or my glasses are giving me a headache), and then BOOM.I get images just up close and personal and startling with how sudden they appear. Usually they don't disappear for a while either, like the image will be imprinted in my mind for a few minutes after I open my eyes again. These are not moments when I am meditating, but it definitely feels like the sorts of things you'd see/feel when meditating. Is this normal? Or am I just conjuring up images at random? It does not feel like it, not at all.

Last night, I was laying in bed. I was trying to fall asleep, but I was in that phase where you are still 100% aware of everything around you even with eyes closed. I got the most startling image of a pair of eyes so wide, it was like they had no eyelid/undereye. Just two very unnaturally round eyes staring at me. I won't lie, I was pretty freaked out. Something about the way they just appeared and opened to this bizarre non-normal shape really struck me for a long time. After a few minutes I tried to envision blinds closing up so that the eyes couldn't look at me, but the impression I got was that the eyes could literally see through anything I put in front of me to cover up.
DDS
Banned Member

Re: Not quite meditation...

Post by DDS »

Did the eyes look like they were outside looking in?
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

DDS wrote:Did the eyes look like they were outside looking in?
Yes and no? It felt like the eyes were just... there. Like, a boundary physically did not exist but I wanted one.
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

Concentrate on establishing a set boundary. Make it firmly defined. If you want a boundary, YOU have to be the ONE TO SET IT. As with everything to do with workings, intent is ALL.
Doktor Avalanche

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Focus on your breathing when this happens, and then focus on one of the tattwas which seem to draw your attention. From there we are able to find more focus, and with the use of your controlled breathing, literally choose what and where your mind can go- sleep, comfort, relaxing, etc.

It is something that I find works when my mind becomes saturated with vision and 10,000 thoughts all at once.
"We are of the gods, but we are not ourselves gods,
We reflect the Divine, but we are not Divinity itself"

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”