A sign from a candle?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
RavenMoon4

A sign from a candle?

Post by RavenMoon4 »

Hello family,

I had a ritual Tuesday and wanted to get your thoughts. It could be something or nothing.

I started my incense and lit a black candle. The candle wouldn't burn properly and sparks appeared instead of a slow burn. I replaced the candle with a green one because I decided to do a money spell instead. My card reading for the day had 3 positive money signs. Our hot water heater went out Monday and we had to replace it. We had the money to cover it thank goodness. My husband also recently got a raise.

Am I giving too much thought to this and do you feel the inability to burn was random or possibly a sign? Thank you for any responses. I'm doing a ritual today to celebrate the Imbolc holiday. Be blessed.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: A sign from a candle?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I tend to think of sparks as being a spell's way of getting our attention, a kind of "whoa, hold up a mo."

If we regularly practice reading signs or scrying spell remains, then that knowledge becomes part of our intent. Did you expect that a sign would be given? If yes then you interpret. If not then no sign was intended.
RavenMoon4

Post by RavenMoon4 »

I value your thoughts. I did not expect a sign to be given. I feel I'm overthinking it. The candle had something on it perhaps. The only reading signs I normally practice are Cartomancy. Thank you.
Mikayla11

Post by Mikayla11 »

What kind of spell were you originally going to do with the black candle?
RavenMoon4

Post by RavenMoon4 »

I had planned a spell for Protection and to Repel Negativity as I have been carrying negative thoughts in my head I'm having a little trouble banishing. I instead used a green candle and cast a money spell as we've had some big expenses recently.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

It's usually best to go with what your feelings and instincts are telling you about it. You were the one doing the working and felt all the nuances of the event.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

flame omens.jpg
Hope this helps !
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

MsMollimizz wrote:
Tall, strong flame - your spell is empowered and getting through, it will work well
MsMollimizz
So now what if your candle only is that way because 1) You were dumb and used novelty decoration matches instead of normal ones and fried the wick so you had to carve out fresh wick and 2) you used up the first lighter and havent told your family what you're doing so you grabbed the other one which is meant for grills and fire pits and is wind resistant :P
I bought three of the same candles and because of these two factors the one has a much bigger flame than the other two now. (I would consider the other two as normal)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

You could trim the wick to reduce the size of the flame. Personally I wouldn't read effects until normalcy is maintained, then go forward from there.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”