Cleansing of money ?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Pandemonium

Cleansing of money ?

Post by Pandemonium »

Hey everyone!
So my father, who was absent throughout my adolescence, promised me some money (a month ago lol) to help me out (he has barely done so or helped my mom whatsoever since I'm 13). I have an ongoing starter up project that NEEDS this money, but I'm so afraid of building up over HIS money. Let me explain: everytime he asks about me or my sister, something breaks in our house (it has gotten to the point where he asks about a specific thing, like a phone or washing machine, for it to break the next day). Everytime we speak to him on the phone, stuff happens, someone gets sick. Last time I saw him two months ago, I got worse and was finally diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder. This makes me afraid of depending on him or his money to start my own life. (his life is nuts by the way, divorced twice, 4 kids he barely took care of, lives with his parents at 60 years old...)

What would you do? Is there any cleansing or protection spell I can do about this money transfer (if he ever even sends it)? I'm trying not to focus on this negativity but even my tarot deck seemed to warn me off, picture below :

( I know the answer seems obvious from what I just wrote... but I just need to share this kinda? )
Pandemonium

Re: Cleansing of money ?

Post by Pandemonium »

I'll look into it but I'm on a budget :(
I have a black tourmaline, and a (tumbled) hematite with which I sleep daily next to my head, any suggestions?
barker

Post by barker »

I write down my lessons, these wise affirmations. I have one that says:

prayer works through people... honest money goes further

I do believe money is "charged" by the sender. Think of church money as opposed to drug money. Different feeling. Maybe try to work within the case of the money being honest and not a blackmail or anal-retentiveness or whatever might be lurking in there. Clear your mind in particular of thoughts such as "I don't deserve this" or "this is risky" and replace them with innocence and wisdom. The honesty in money is really its power. Nobody needs an unholy economy.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Smudge, smudge, smudge! Sage, cedar, or sweet grass begin by warding your space and person, accept the money,but before use, turn it to cash, and smudge the heck out of that too. Before spending, use at least 24 hours focusing your positive intentions and outcome on the purchase...
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

If your tarot deck is warning you against it, I would be very careful ... did you try asking your cards what would happen if you DID cleanse the money?

(out of curiosity, what deck is that? I love the artwork!)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
barker

Post by barker »

It actually sounds to me like you might need a soul retrieval from father's. Independence issues. When ever I have someone potentially disrupting my reality I return to being alone and clearing thoughts and feelings until I am in full responsibility for it again. Faulty connectedness is a definite cause of ill-fate.
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

Hello.

If money is given in paper-like form includes change, then yes smudge. Great idea.

Now if the money goes into an account you can very well still bless this, but will not be in a physical sense as smudging, but on a mental spiritual level. Here I recommend you envision the money or account. You may ask how one envisions an account, envision the amount once the amount is known, can envision it on a paper check balance, an online balance etc, creative visualization. Envision this amount with confident feelings, being at peace with the help this money will bring to you, the idea is not to focus on where the money came from (Your father) but to focus on the good- feel the good, what you need it for how it will help and try to build feelings associated with the excitement of seeing your dreams through, this will help get you where you need to be, and will suit your ends in a positive way, instead of worry and fear based thinking.

Also yes, ask your tarot deck- in regards to outcome not of the money itself but in spending outcome as direct result of using the advice, techniques the others here and I have offered you.

The idea to have this work out is not to worry on where the money comes from- but rather the GOOD that will come of it. Once given to you it is yours. Therefore it is YOUR energy that matters- your positive energy- not your father's erratic fear.

Hoping it works out for you.

And yes I agree here that the artwork on your deck of cards is very interesting.

Blessings.
CircusWitch

Post by CircusWitch »

Sounds stupid but perhaps it is worth thoroughly working out practical considerations before moving on to spiritual ones. You said his life is nuts - is offering you this money a decision he will likely regret? If so will that cause problems for you (will he be able to make you feel guilty for example, or might he try to use the gift as leverage for something?). It's possible that the potential negative outcomes are all from situations you can prepare for rather than a quality of the money itself. A coin that somebody puts in a charity box from their own money out of goodwill does the same amount of good as one popped in from the ground because it fell out of a pocket. Write down all of the likely good and bad scenarios that are likely to occur as an effect of accepting the money and decide what you could do to mitigate the bad and if it would still be worth it. Then consider how you now feel about the situation (take a tarot reading as well if you want, I don't do much tarot so I'm not sure on that bit)

Hope this helps

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”