Get through to someone via their subconscious?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
cherri

Get through to someone via their subconscious?

Post by cherri »

Hello. I'm not sure if I have come to the right place or if this is wicca-related as I have just started to study wicca but I have heard that you through meditation-like practices can affect someone/"talk" to someone via their subconcious?
This is something I have tried to do on my own but I don't feel I've done it right or nowhere near succeeded so if somebody knows more about this could you give me some advice? And is this very advanced and difficult to succeed with?
The person I want to reach is someone I never got real closure with and can't contact in real life because it is not really a good person and inviting them back into my life would only lead to bad things but I feel like if this is an actual thing that can work I could settle for closure this way... I am also curious about if you via this practice can affect someones subconcious to the point where they start thinking about you a lot?
I mean no harm with this towards anyone and would never use magic to hurt someone or affect someones free will though. :flyingwitch:

Thanks for any information about this.
Kassandra

Re: get through to someone via their subconcious?

Post by Kassandra »

cherri wrote:I am also curious about if you via this practice can affect someones subconcious to the point where they start thinking about you a lot?

Yes, and because of that potential outcome I suggest you pursue some other way to get closure, like through counseling (what I would recommend), writing a letter to the person and then burning it, and/or crying it out on a trusted friend or relative's shoulder.

I don't suggest you play around with contacting the person subconsciously if "this is it is not really a good person and inviting them back into my life would only lead to bad things." If so, bad things is exactly what you will get, as you said with your own words. Plus, bad people tend to have bad things attached to them, things you wouldn't want in your life. Why re-open a door to all that? Consider yourself lucky to have gotten this person out of your life, and move on.

That's just my advice. Wish you the best.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The folks at SRI & Noetic Science dedicated a whole study to this prospect with sufficient success to employ psi agents to influence international negotiations. And as K has noted, it can back-wash without good shielding.

That being said, a folk spell using a skull candle to represent getting into someone's head is a standard candle spell. And that might serve your goal for closure. And this time of year skull candles are in abundance :) A Skull candle holder would be fine too.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

When you say "get through to" do you mean simply mental transferance of thought? .. or are hoping this person will have an understanding or revelation about something that this person wasn't getting? Because if they didn't get it while you were present, they are not likely to get it telepathically.
By the way, please swing by the introduction section and let us know a little bit about yourself, thanks!,
Firebird
Ps, the skull release that Spirit speaks of sounds like a good Samhain project.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Yep...those are the answers I figured you'd get, and rightly so.
Either way YOU look at it it could still be considered interfering.
If you feel you need closure, Kassandra's suggestion of writing
a letter and then burning it with the flame...let me back up here...
Relax from head to toe, get set in your mind the basics of said
letter, light a small candle or tea lite, relax more, pen/pencil in
hand write the "Dear___"; take a deep breath and start letter.
Open up and pour your heart out on those pages, pour it ALL
out on paper all the while picturing in your head this person.
When done, write something to the order of: "With this I leave
you in my past as I move forward. Accentuate the period, sounds
silly but it does something in your brain so hopefully you can
leave that part of your life behind you !
Catch the paper on fire, place in fire-proof plate or whatever...
Feel those pent up energies dissolving from your body and
flowing into the Earth to be re-charged.
(that's my 3-cents!)
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
cherri

Post by cherri »

Thank you everyone.

I have tried writing letters and then tearing them, I'm a bit clumsy so not keen on burning letters in the house but guess it could be done outside somewhere... preferably on a rainy day lol.
I don't feel as though the letters i've written have done much of a difference in helping me to let go but maybe it needs to be done a few more times or is fire really that much more effective? :surprisedwitch:

What I want to accomplish is simply saying the things I wish I could let this person know and maybe this person could recieve those words and understand how I feel with this practice? And maybe I could get some answers via it too? That's what I would like to accomplish but I don't have much knowledge in this so not sure if I could or how it's done exactly.
cherri

Post by cherri »

firebirdflys wrote: By the way, please swing by the introduction section and let us know a little bit about yourself, thanks!,

Will do! :fairy:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

cherri wrote:
What I want to accomplish is simply saying the things I wish I could let this person know and maybe this person could recieve those words and understand how I feel with this practice? And maybe I could get some answers via it too? That's what I would like to accomplish but I don't have much knowledge in this so not sure if I could or how it's done exactly.
How adept are you at meditating? Transferring your mind into someone else's takes quite a bit of practice...
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

I agree, this sounds like some really advanced exercise ^^ Unless you were already a practitioner of the craft before you decided to join Wicca?
I wish I could make the banker think highly of my professional projects...! But I don't think I would try this out just yet, for fear of doing something wrong. The last thing I need is to make them hate me...
cherri

Post by cherri »

corvidus wrote:
cherri wrote:
How adept are you at meditating? Transferring your mind into someone else's takes quite a bit of practice...
Not very lol, I have trouble focusing nowadays but I have meditated on and off since I was small.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I would be extremely cautious about a connection like that. By "closure", do you mean ending the relationship so you can move on? If so, I would be concerned that the kind of astral work you're talking about to communicate with their deep self would strengthen the toxic bond, not end it.

Not to sound trite, but I feel like closure is something that only you can give yourself. You know this isn't a great person to have in your life, but making your healing dependent on their actions (their ability to change, an apology, or whatever it is) just gives them more power over you -- again, strengthening your bond with them. Even if they say the exact right thing that you want to hear, it's up to you to be ready to move on.

It's an interesting paradox: if you need them to say or do the right thing to make you heal, then you're not ready to heal. By the time you are ready to heal, then it doesn't matter what they say or do. It might be a nice way to tie that thread of your life into a neat bow, but it's not really important anymore. In my experience, closure is really about making peace with the raggedy edges you leave behind.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
cherri

Post by cherri »

Xiao Rong wrote:I would be extremely cautious about a connection like that. By "closure", do you mean ending the relationship so you can move on? If so, I would be concerned that the kind of astral work you're talking about to communicate with their deep self would strengthen the toxic bond, not end it..
Yes that is what I mean. I have to admit I tried contacting this person via meditation and strange things have been happening in my room since and my cat has even seemed scared when he's near my room at times and i've woken up at night several times feeling very uneasy and in my dreams last night I saw a figure, a man in black standing in a black void kind of and everything was static, I couldn't even see his face. Tonight I saw him again but I was only half-asleep... So I think it succeeded... and honestly as scary as those experiences i've had lately have been it's helped me to realize just how negative this person is. :anxious: I'm thinking I should probably cleanse my room now and maybe do some kind of protection-spell or something to make sure this person can never reach me again in any way?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Get through to someone via their subconscious?

Post by SpiritTalker »

It sounds like you're describing a dark magician. You might want to check the Golden Dawns website. The Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram comes to mind for cleansing and protection. There are several versions on the 'net. I had a college dorm room mate who cut her teeth on Anton LeVey's luciferian writing. I read bits and realized she was using me as a battery &'that id take the brunt of any psychic backwash if anything she did backfired. Which was her intent. So I refused to cooperate & it ended. So if you might be hoping to return the favor to the sender, that won't fly. Cut the etheric ties ruthlessly, and without any hesitation, with the LBRP. The fuming with dragons blood and following with frankincense after, as suggested in your other post, can work with the rite. When banishing one thing you should fill the gap with something else that is positive to seal the gap you’d made.
Little Green Dragon

Post by Little Green Dragon »

Yep, I agree with everyone else that trying to connect with this bad person is not a good idea. Especially if you are new to the craft and not sure what you are doing yet. It could very likely back fire and bring unwanted negativity back into your life.

Better to cleanse your room and look at using your magik to help you create a positive future instead. :-)

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Everyone here is giving you a wise counsel of beginning and ending the closure within yourself. True peace is not something that can be received from someone else, it begins within yourself, and it seems as if you're trying to find peace by forcing an already precarious situation to something very intimate such as connecting to their subconscious.

It's very dangerous to explore things like that without a strong background in it. I suggest you find peace within yourself and truly begin removing this person from your life, don't invite them back through magic or meditation.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”