Why did you join wicca?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
LillithMoon7

Why did you join wicca?

Post by LillithMoon7 »

Hello everyone,
Wicca has been growing and a lot of people want to become wiccas, what is your opinion on that? Do you think it's good that the religion is growing? Why do you personally think that wicca is growing? And why did you join wicca?
I've been thinking about this a lot and I'm excited to know what you think.

I joined wicca because I felt like there was something but I couldn't quite discribe it, until I found out about wicca.
Thanks for your time.
X Lillith
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Why did you join wicca?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think the interest people have shows a desire to think for themselves rather than being told what is spiritual truth, and shows a desire for personal experience that is as relevant to daily life as to a transcendent reality. Too much dogma stifles free experience. And responding to personal experiences that were unsought & spontaneous is what led me to Wicca, and witch crafting. So I just followed my nose.

On the other hand (there's always the other hand), pop-cult dibble-dabbling in quick-fix magic, and throwing spells like hash, to force matters against natural rhythms (rather than working with nature) might just temporarily muck up spiritual development, & become a hard lesson when it hits the fan...something like chem-trails & geo-engineering.

There's a current underlaying the popular interests. The River of Knowledge that had been held as secret and reserved teaching, is trickling into the everyday man's awareness. The information has always been there for anyone who had the smarts and means to go for it, but now it's accessible at the corner drugstore book rack. That normalizes what once was taboo. And that's a big consciousness change. It's inevitable change and seems right in tune with the forecasts of changes as the solar system moves through the galactic planes. As above, so below to trivialize the phrase. Can't think of a better one.

It's always interesting to hear people's stories.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

I joined wicca because it called out to me
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Hey there! Why don't you stop by the introduction board and give us a formal intro... we would love to get to know you!

I'm not so sure if Wicca/witchcraft is actually growing, or if more people are simply becoming more and more okay with being open about their path.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

Rather than right now being a time of notable growth for Wicca (like in the early 2000s), from what I can tell the current motions are towards Traditional Witchcraft paths...which are increasingly populated by dissatisfied former Wiccans in my observations, heh.

I've never identified as Wiccan myself, but when I was quite young and first becoming aware of alternative religions and spiritual lifestyles, it was thanks largely due to the accessibility of the Wiccan faith. Sure, I knew about alternate religions such as Hinduism and the mythologies from ancient times, but I felt then that those ways were either restricted culturally or by ethnicity, or best left in the time period in which they thrived (in regards to ancient Greek/Norse/etc faiths). Wicca seemed approachable in that it wasn't trying to be reconstructionalist (despite its earliest claims), and the study of its practice was easy to do with all the resources available in my language.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
moonlightsonata

Post by moonlightsonata »

There's a lot of reasons. It fits my worldview and my theological view best in most ways, I love that it has a Goddess, that it is nature based, that there is magick in it. But ultimately, it called to me, strongly, for many years. I don't know that I have a choice, really.

I don't know that Wicca specifically is growing as much as I believe neo-paganism as a whole is, and I think that's a good thing.
Daughter of Hecate and the Morrigan
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

A few self select thinkers are beginning to question the validity of the formal belief systems that have enslaved humanity for eons. They seek freedom from religion to walk their own path believing the individual has the faculties to commune directly with Spirit without dogma or a priesthood. I see Wicca as perhaps a religion because of Pantheon worship but Witchcraft may or may not be a religion depending upon the individuals Tradition. It is rather an ancient metaphysical pursuit of paranormal occult science. We employ elements of Witchcraft in the CIA psychic operations Star Gate and nothing resembling religion is evident in the program even though we can communicate with other world beings.

If there were more Wiccans and Witches and fewer of Christian and Muslim persuasion I do believe this would be a more beautiful and peaceful world and we might even survive ourselves into deep time.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

While i dont consider myself wiccan anymore i do still follow spme of its teachings namely worship of the lord and lady. For me while i loved the religions teachings i also hated how to some extent some wiccans were. While i get the whole harm none and rule of three thing im not the type of person to wait for karma because harm me or my loved ones and i will fight back. Pverall im not gonna go cursing random people but i prefer the grey path for i accept and embrace both my good and bad.
KhaixRoze

Post by KhaixRoze »

The Art of Magick dawned upon me when I was a young sproatling. I'd hear the words ring bells around my sphere of learning, without grasping my mind on it's aetheric centration, what the Magick is composed of. Unconsciously, it was always on my mind and in my art, however was not conscious of the personal ability I had with Magicka, or how it wielded my life, at that moment.

As I grew away from the mundane studies and distractions provided by the social "normality", I became introspective and recluse. While traveling amongst my circle of friends, I was introduced to a witch. She was quite charming and inspiring, working her natural will in arts and poetry. Also being a quite literate poet, scribe, and prominent, prodigious, musician, we became great friends.

There was a time that my left shoulder had been hurting me. I was os terrible pain for the week, when she and I chose to hang out together and enjoy the time. While driving, I told her how my shoulder was in pain. She immediately touched me, and the pain subsided, way lower than its original intensity. Afterwards, I asked her about her works and she briefly explained to me the principles of Wicca.

I immediately became intrigued, as with everything my mind finds enlightening and complimentary. I began the search of wiccana and occultic themes, finding it to be more akin to me and what I have always saught in my work and life. Afterwards, I became highly spiritual, seeing the kinection I had with the Art of Magicka and Energy Maneuvering, it always being present, even in the times of my past before I was conscious of my abilities, talents and overall gifts. Now I openly practice as a Clairvoyant Seer, Divinal Cleric, and Onmyouji.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”