How to find the divine within and around?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
James122

How to find the divine within and around?

Post by James122 »

I have been finding it difficult lately thinking about the concept of finding divinity within. I know generally in a many pagan and Wiccan traditions and paths that divinity is seen all around and within.
My question is how do I find and see the Goddess and God within myself, within others and in the environment around me?

Finally a question for Hard polytheists, How do you view your Gods as imenent beings as well as transcendent beings if they are all separate? You'll probably see that as a stupid question but because to me all the goddesses and gods are connected and are all ways in which humans can see the divine manifesting in the natural world and they all link back to the masculine and feminine sources that created the universe.
Danmagnamius

Re: How to find the divine within and around?

Post by Danmagnamius »

James122 wrote:I have been finding it difficult lately thinking about the concept of finding divinity within. I know generally in a many pagan and Wiccan traditions and paths that divinity is seen all around and within.
My question is how do I find and see the Goddess and God within myself, within others and in the environment around me?

Finally a question for Hard polytheists, How do you view your Gods as imenent beings as well as transcendent beings if they are all separate? You'll probably see that as a stupid question but because to me all the goddesses and gods are connected and are all ways in which humans can see the divine manifesting in the natural world and they all link back to the masculine and feminine sources that created the universe.
I personally find the concept of Religion Gods and goddesses difficult to imagine, So just think about that all around there is male and female energy, if the divine is within it's not logical to create external Gods! Bit that is your choice! As for the elements earth, fire, air, water, spirituality that's something I totally relate to!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How to find the divine within and around?

Post by SpiritTalker »

James122 wrote: My question is how do I find and see the Goddess and God within myself, within others and in the environment around?

How do you view your Gods as imenent beings as well as transcendent beings if they are all separate? You'll probably see that as a stupid question ...

To train myself to see divinity in all, I use a simple exercise of imagining that some mundane object symbolically represents the deity manifest. This exercise just greases the wheels of the imagination and chain of spiritual associations. I'll think how all that exists is the body of god. I'll look at a chair and free associate, asking myself how is that chair a sign of the god/dess? Throne comes easily to mind, throne of creation, seat of authority...etc.

Try it on a marshmallow. See what you can come up with. And don't be at all serious. Let it flow.
Try thinking of the Earth and everything within and upon it, including man, as being one entity.
A true inner awareness of the unity of all spirit can come from seemingly silly mind games that open our cognitive functions.

One god: multiple gods is to me the same as one person: billions of people. They are one Being with many faces. One apple, many seeds. And one seed, many apples .

One diamond cut to many facets reveals the glow in the the depths. Each facet is a different plane of existence and reality, yet all are one stone. Each facet's a different godform.

These views don't mean I'm right. It's just the way I see it. There is a whole lot more to be revealed when I can grow into it. I think it's done with mirrors, each reflecting to infinity and beyond...in the immortal words from Toy Story. Which is honestly about how my brain resonates.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”