Losing magick?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Aesiryth

Losing magick?

Post by Aesiryth »

Hi there,

Some of you may recognize me from my post about my girlfriend who has cancer. She's doing better, but this post has no relevancy to that.
Recently I've been doing quite a bit more in the magick area. I haven't been very active in the magick part of my life, I haven't worshiped, cast spells, or done any sort of ritual in a long while. I've been doing a bit more recently, but I found that I don't feel that energy and power I used to feel and my spells haven't seemed to be working. Is this because some sort of higher being or spirits are angry? I doubt this, but I just want to find the source of the issue. I remember how I used to be able to do all kinds of things, but now I can't even cast a good read on my tarot cards. Does anyone have a solution or explanation for this?

Thanks,
-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
TwilightDancer

Re: Losing magick?

Post by TwilightDancer »

I doubt the spirits are angry.
They understand we have lives to live and we get busy sometimes.

Perhaps through the busyness you've simply become magically blocked. Try guided meditations and cleansing your space.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Being on our contacts, getting into the flow, maintaining mental focussing or however we describe the sense of power-filled living is cyclical, like a spiral, and in motion. Another description is it has tides, swings like a pendulum. That's normal. It's Nature. The Earth tilts as it spins. The orbit swings nearer and farther from the Sun. Everything exhibits this relationship in some manner.

To keep our balance takes daily effort in small ways. The little things like breath work, grounding & centering play a part. We have to head-smack ourselves sometimes just to wake up. Routine cleansing like TD suggested really helps get the flow moving. Being worried side tracks us. We get distracted and put our energy into worry and fear, and that drags on the spiral, slows it down. So a cleansing removes the gunk & frees up the flow.

I'm happy for your girlfriend's improvement.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

My guess would be that it is caused by stress. Gods are certainly not angry. Although I totally understand your fear. It might be a natural concern in your situation. But remember it is only in your head. The divine has no reason to be angry with you.

Exactly as ST has said, it is a part of natural spiritual path. One cannot feel the presence all the time. There are periods when we stumble in the dark. Feeling alone and forgotten. Maybe even hated... You may continue your usual spiritual practice if you want to. Perhaps it will help you. Even if it doesn't help much, this period shall pass. It may take a short or long time. Sometimes it doesn't even matter how much you try. It will last exactly as long as is needed for a reason. Just keep asking for a guidance.
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

TwilightDancer wrote:I doubt the spirits are angry.
They understand we have lives to live and we get busy sometimes.

Perhaps through the busyness you've simply become magically blocked. Try guided meditations and cleansing your space.
moonraingirl wrote: My guess would be that it is caused by stress. Gods are certainly not angry. Although I totally understand your fear. It might be a natural concern in your situation. But remember it is only in your head. The divine has no reason to be angry with you.

Exactly as ST has said, it is a part of natural spiritual path. One cannot feel the presence all the time. There are periods when we stumble in the dark. Feeling alone and forgotten. Maybe even hated... You may continue your usual spiritual practice if you want to. Perhaps it will help you. Even if it doesn't help much, this period shall pass. It may take a short or long time. Sometimes it doesn't even matter how much you try. It will last exactly as long as is needed for a reason. Just keep asking for a guidance.
I doubted any other worldly being would be angry or anything of the sort, but it is better to be safe rather than sorry. I think you made a good point, moonraingirl, this period will last as long as needed and I shouldn't dwell on it. I'll keep up my practice as much as I can and hopefully everything will pan out just fine.

I thank the three of you for your input, it was helpful.
-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”