Are all the spells here effective ?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Naydeen

Are all the spells here effective ?

Post by Naydeen »

I was wondering whether the spells I can find in the witchcraft/love/money spells section are all spells checked and tested by the moderators and they all do work?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Are all the spells here effective ?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I doubt if anyone but the author road tests any spell, anywhere. Nobody has that kind of time. If someone posts a spell they wrote, it's because it worked for them. I find I have to personalize other people's spells, to have a relationship with it, for any spell to work for me.

Spells are like recipes. The same cake recipe will turn out different from one cook to another because one stirs by hand 100 strokes, and another whips up the batter in a blender, or with a mixer and gets more air and a fluffier cake. Then ovens differ, with hot spots. Or the weather is humid when one person bakes & high altitude dry for another. Then one person makes a layer cake with the recipe, another makes a sheet cake, and another makes cupcakes because needs vary. But If you follow the recipe, you will get a cake.

Timing, environment, temperament, weather, personal preferences, basic savvy sense from experience all play a role in determining spell results.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Like SpiritTalker said, we don't "road test" spells. Not only would that take a significant amount of time, but doing multiple spells that you have no need for just for the sake of seeing their effectiveness sounds like an invitation for all of them to backfire and send a heap of negativity your way. It probably comes off as greedy and I doubt the universe is going to appreciate it. Nobody wants those reprecussions.

I'm a firm believer of making my own spells. You can't beat the feeling of seeing your own work come to fruition. On the rare occasion I find something in a book or online that resonates with me, I always change it up in order to make it my own. Using someone else's exact spell, in my opinion, is always an "at your own risk" kind of thing.

My advice, is find something that resonates with you. You'll feel it when you see it, and change it in some way to make it your own. Make it special. If you put in the effort, the universe will too.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I would agree with Spirit Talker and Twilight Dancer:

Yet, I add this, as this is the answer I give my students: "If your mind is not focused like a laser, with one point concentration, if your will is not developed and directed, and if you cannot run a current and ground it, no spell will work, and you must go back to basics."

Further, "Magic works by need, not desire."

With what they said, that should cover it. ;)
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I personally prefer to write my own so that I can hopefully get the outcome I desire
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Writing your own is generally the best way to attain a positive outcome, but it takes practice to be able to formulate it correctly. The great thing about writing your own is that you can make it fit to your exact situation and goal. However, if you are not comfortable with it yet asking others for some assistance doesn't hurt.

Just know that without knowing everything going on it's hard to write a targeted spell. That's why most spells you'll find by others are somewhat generalized. This is because it was written to cover as many situations as possible within the confines of the goal intended. This allows for it to "fit" multiple needs. But writing something targeted to your exact needs will likely be more effective.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”