Darkness of the human soul

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Ashrend

Darkness of the human soul

Post by Ashrend »

I just wanted to know peoples opinions on this. Whether you are a black magic worked or completely of the light. What is the darkness in your heart? What does it want to do? Has it ever taken control? Is it a separate entity to you or are you one? Does it influence your magic and/or day to day life? Do you harness it or reject it? I want to know what and who you're darkness is

may you heart light the darkest of times
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Darkness of the human soul

Post by SpiritTalker »

You go first :D
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

What is the darkness in your heart?

Only the shadow knows

What does it want to do?

Whatever it wants

Has it ever taken control?

No I keep it in an Xbox

Is it a separate entity to you or are you one?

There can be only one

Does it influence your magic and/or day to day life?

All is connected

Do you harness it or reject it?

A yoke is a yoke until you see the joke

... smiley_dance ...
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

I have been working to transmits that darkness you speak of into light and have mostly been successful.

But back when it was stronger, I manipulated people, attacked others with a demon that was attached to me, drained energy from people, had no real friends and have even done things I am just now learning to forgive myself for.

When I decided that I no longer wanted to work within the dark, it's like all hell broke loose and I actually started getting attacked by malicious spirits and some demons. It went like that for a while until Ra warded me and began to facilitate my transition from the dark and into the light.

It took a lot of humility and bravery to get where I am, but I wouldn't have gotten this far if it weren't for my soul family.

The darkness that is left for me to transmits revolves around arrogance and me trusting Ra completely.

But as far as working with it? You will notice people working with darkness will always seek power. Those who work with light always seek enligtenment.

It's up to you to decide what you want most in life... Power over others, or enlightenment of the self.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've sort of figured that light and dark are of our own making, and discernment of their qualities is a fallout of whatever we perceive of as necessity. Perception is not reality.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

My darkness comes from past experiences. I, just like others, have traumas and frustrations that have shaped me in negative way. And others are simply part of my personality and there's no one and nothing I can blame for them.

What does it want to do? All 7 deadly sins, break all 10 commandments.

Are we one? Yes. In the past, I tried to suppress this fact. Sometimes I wouldn't even recognise the problem. As time goes on, I've learned to accept that it is a part of me.

Does it take control? Yes. Learning to control it is an ever lasting struggle with ups and downs. A life long project.

Do you harness our reject it? I try to reject it and try to become better but it still manifests. I've learned to forgive myself though. It's all a learning and growing experience.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

That's very interesting thank you all. My darkness I'm coming to terms with and accepting that it is part of me. It's taken over a few times but I work hard to keep it in check but I can still feel it clawing behind my eyes

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I am slightly on the darker side. More accurately I'm walking the grey path. However, my anger is one of my greatest sources of power.

So to answer your question I do not reject either but instead accept both. I made myself out of my demons by sewing them into my soul. I am one made from many. I walk the middle path of moderation in all things, including moderation.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

^Jinx! I was just about to write about anger.

My anger is part of me, I don't reject it. Sometimes it feels like it is a bit much, and I'll try and temper myself. but I don't think my anger is a bad thing. I imagine it's a sword that I wield, if that makes sense.

Sometimes I feel jealousy or cowardice, though... those things I try to overcome.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I'm very interested in this question, and wrote about Knowing and Embracing Your Shadow. Your Shadow is most powerful when you reject it and try to turn a blind eye to it, but if you can accept it as a part of yourself, it can also bring many gifts. To paraphrase Jung, my goal is not to be good, but to become whole.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think there is darkness in all of us. My darkness has never taken over, or maybe so rarely that I can't really remember it. I balance the 2 of them...the light is who I am during the day and the darkness takes over at night, in my dreams. My dreams usually seem and feel so true, that I even wake up with bruises and scratches. This way, I get to let the darkness do its thing, without actually harming someone. I also build a protection before falling asleep, so that I don't accidentally curse someone.

After my cousin's death, I think I just learnt what hate means. The only thing that keeps me from cursing that drunken idiot, is the irrational hope that the girl that is brain dead, might still get better. At this point I don't care much about my karma, but if she has a chance in a million, I don't want to ruin it.

If somebody has an idea how to deal with this, please do share!

"Mourning Wulf"
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

This has been really great to hear about your darkness, I've never really talked about mine so I've never known anyone else's. My darkness until recently I thought of as a different entity within me, I think it was stronger like Xiao said if you reject it which I was doing by not accepting it as part of me. It crept up on me the first time I experienced magic and it tried to take some of the darkness from a friend because it was so greedy for anything it could take. And like wolf said it is strongest at night which I particularly feel as that type of power flows strongly. I can relate at least a little bit wulf, there was a person in my life years and years ago that has been the only person vile enough for me to actually wish dead.

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

binxyhollow wrote:This has been really great to hear about your darkness, iv never really talked about mine so iv never known anyone elses. My darkness until recently i thought of as a different entity within me, i think it was stronger like xiao said if you reject it which i was doing by not accepting it as part of me. It crept up on me the first time i experienced magic and it tried to take some of the darkness from a friend because it was so greedy for anything it could take. And like wolf said it is strongest at night which i particularly feel as that type of power flows strongly. I can relate atleast a little bit wulf, there was a person in my life years and years ago that has been the only person vile enough for me to actually wish dead.

I learned along the way that acknowledging it is necessary as is balance. I for a time lived with three in my mind. I had names for them so that I could differentiate but that gave them more power and several times I began to loose control of one of them. The most powerful was a a lustful, vengeful, blood thirsty beast who when I was alone would steal time from me locking me in my own mind to watch what it desired using the faces of those around me. It is now simply a piece of the fabric of me, from which it split.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

I can relate to an extent, when i was young and stupid and dabbled with magic but not safely I think demons affected me, could even be the origin of my depression. That's an interesting idea being stitched together as one. Did that take spells and sacrifices or was it meditation and talks?

RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I used a spell chant in a trance like state. But in order to do it I took pieces of a lot of different people to accomplish it. I didn't know what I was doing at the time and they didn't realize they had given permission either. I did a lot to help them afterward when I realized but none of them knew what I'd done.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”