How do you label your practices?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Re: How do you label your practices?

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Bychan Wulf wrote:
Newbiewitch94 wrote: I actually prefer to use the dianic wicca interputatio n of the harm none rule because it makes more senae
What does that one say? I tried to google it but nothing useful came up. :-)
Its pretty similar however from what little
Ive found about it it basically states that obviously harm none however if someone does evil to us we are allowed to do evil back. I'm not sure of this is actually their version of the reds or written by someone who decided to call it dianic. Now personally I prefers this one as the regular rede seems to not allow defending one self if your attacked while this one does. Now that doesn't mean I'd view it as permission to cause serious harm but it does allow me to use certain types of spells like bindings that normally is a great area in Wicca.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thank you! :-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Hagerman420

Post by Hagerman420 »

Honestly I have no idea haha, People already think I and weird and crazy so I just tell them I am a Witch haha.

Have a Good Evening.
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

Labels! YaY! I love labels.

So...I often just say Pagan. If that is enough for the individual, then that's enough. I did a survey recently and the last question was what religion if any do I identify with, and the last option was "other" so I said, other...and then she asked, "Uhm...so...what do you consider other" so I said Pagan, and she said, "Uhm..That's not on my list,is there another name", so I said, do you have Wicca? and she said, "Yes..is that like witches and stuff"... and I laughed and said yeah sure.

I even have my own internal labels. Shaman. Seeker. Alchemist. Tinkerer. Child of the woods. Leader of my pack. Simple Shepherd. Defender and Protector. Sun-worshiper. NOT-The-Hunter...hehehehe.

I have labels for what I practice. Paganism, Shamanism, Wicca, witchcraft, magic.

May Favorite right now is Paleo-Shamanism with Shades of Shinto and ancestor veneration. But I have a lot of witchey stuff. Shamans tend to have less witchey stuff and more stuff that looks like they picked it up in the park after a storm hehehe.

Labels are fun. So interchangeable. So malleable. They are super usefull if you have to define a space both in your head, and your heart, and your soul. If you need to make your own box to store specific aspects in.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Like a treasure box...yes, I get your point. Good one!
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

HopefulChild wrote:
Labels are fun. So interchangeable. So malleable. They are super useful if you have to define a space both in your head, and your heart, and your soul. If you need to make your own box to store specific aspects in.
Labels are important as costume in the creation of illusionartmagic - but the hat comes - of course labels of definition serve another purpose ...

You have to define something before you can tear it down, especially our REAL illusions. Get a bigger box? ;)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

A pagan Wiccan witch with Kemetic leanings.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Siona

Post by Siona »

Depends on who is asking. If the person is a pagan I tend to be specific and call myself a hedgewitch and Hellenic polytheist. Otherwise I will usually just identify more broadly as a pagan. Once in a while I'll simply identify as spiritual, or as having a personal relationship with God - usually when the person asking is being pushy.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Sometimes wonder at what point someone else's opinion really matters and how much of our own definition and "promotion" is just ego posturing, realising that it may be a strange thing to say, especially on a forum.

I'm getting tired of this I. I is an archetype. Now I know I will definitely sound strange ;)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'm a cat whisperer. That usually shuts people up.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

:) ... If only it was other people's I's that vexed me ...
sillyoldman

Post by sillyoldman »

I just tell them I study the old ways and leave it at that.My beliefs and practices are sacred to me and unless there is a very specific reason for someone to know they are personal.I think I may have only been asked 4 o 5 times in all the years I have practiced.I do not like labels and find them restrictive.
just a silly old man who knows nothing and has everything to learn.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I'm a "born-again Pagan" !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
crescent

Post by crescent »

I'd rather describe than label, but I would say I'm a believer in folk magic and the old-fashioned ways. I do not want to convey anything mysterious or spiritual about it, necessarily. It does not seem so out of the ordinary in a farming community to be somewhat similar- at least it is not totally disregarded as strange. That said, NO one asks.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Left hand path Asatruar Vitki Erulian Chaos Magician with Discordian tendancies.

Or just Asatruar/Vitki for short.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”