Spellcasting guide please?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Spellcasting guide please?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Ok, I feel embarrassed to ask this, I'm a witch 8 years now and I just realized that my spells don't work as good as they should be. If it's something small, it works, but if I try something bigger (not meaning impossible things!) then they go poof! So I would like to ask anyone who wants to share...their spell casting step-by-step guide? :evilwitch: :evilwitch:
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Bychan Wulf

Re: Spellcasting guide please?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I must admit that I never considered using magic for interfering with very important things. I just casted luck, healing, clarity and protection spells and they seemed to work smoothly.

I'll share my spell-casting process; maybe you'll find something helpful:
1) I gather the necessary tools (yarn-different colours and marbles for the charmed anklets), the altar, scissors, sticky notes, pen with red ink-I like the effect; it looks as if you write with blood , cookie and milk for offerings, candles in the colours I am using, matches, and my pyramid that helps me raise the energy, incense, the cauldron, the athame and hopefully I didn't forget anything).
2) I clean the area, form the circle with salt and cast it (with a candle and asking the elements and the Deity to help me raise the energy for the cirlce).
3) I step in the circle put the Goddess-candle down and organise the work space and meditate.
4)I light the candles needed for the spell and add the incense.
5) I write the spell on a sticky note
6) I make an anklet out of yarn pieces on the colours that represent what I want to achieve. Depending on the aim of the spell, I also add a marble on the anklet (the Turkish eye for protection and guidance, a light blue one for the element air and so on )
7) While braiding the yarn pieces, I repeat the spell, trying to put all my energy in it and the candles.
8) When it's done, I put the paper with the spell in the fire from the candles that I used for casting, and let it burn in the cauldron
9) While the paper is burning, the cookie and the milk are consumed
10) I thank the Deity and the elements and emphasise that the spell is done. I uncast the circle, put all the tools back in their drawer and bags, and throw away the salt.
11) I take the ashes from the burnt paper and put them in the ground outside or, when the ground is frozen, during the winter, I dig a little hole in one of the flower pots and put it in. (I have a coffee-tree that almost died and after putting the "charged" ashes in its pot, he is more alive than he has ever been)
12) I let the candles burn (they burn completely unless I am too excited or watch them for too long. Apparently these two, in my case, blow the candles and I can't relight them, while others can.

PS. The anklets help my with the visual part. For healing and protection, it's good to know they are there, but are not mandatory. I try to work with the moon, but sometimes I miss the full moon, so I just do it,saying that in other countries it's still full moon (I always miss it by one day)

Ok, maybe too many details, hehe!
I know it's not a very mature and serious spell-casting way, but maybe you will find something useful. Blessed be! :fairy:
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've already written my no-frills spell procedure under the spells section: Think it, Feel it, Say it, Let it go. It strips a spell to basics. The 1st 3 steps can be used to charge a candle or any preferred spell ingredients, if props feel more the thing for you. I have trouble concentrating for long, and work well in short bursts, so I use as few distractions as I can get away with. I do work with the appropriate moon phase. Centering is always first.

I can go withIn my imagination from center to my place of power (POP) This is like an astral temple, a mental construct that i frequent, and use the think-feel-say-let go method from within the power place and is ultimately superior in getting results. This POP is referenced in Brychan Wolfs topic on the hidden world in our mind's. Mine's a natural setting. I took the idea of a POP from Rae Beth, Hedge-witch author and the astral temple from a novel by Dion Fortune in which she uses the astral to reinforce her altar's strength. I got the idea for spiraling mist from the blue misty light I saw wafting around my arms during a full moon rite. I figured there had to be a way to use the energy.

A place of power should be imagined as some place you like to visit, and be imagined somewhat often in your meditations, if not every time. It's your own place, you make it up. You go there to meditate.

So step by step breakdown is enter a place of power in your imagination. Then raise energy as a blue mist swirling around you, and think of the goal. Feed the thought form into the mist. Then feel the ah-ha moment it is achieved and feed this victory into the spiraling mist. State the goal as a done deal three times and feed each positive affirmation into the mist. Then with an exhalation of force, let the spiraling stream of blue mist go, like a streak of light.
Then forget it. Sit around and have some coffee. Exit the power place and return to mundane activities, and have some more coffee. :)
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

My step by step guide may be more basic than others but I will share anyway :)

1. Make sure you choose a time when you won't be disturbed. (I can't cast spells when my kids or husband are home- I get SO distracted! Even if they say they won't disturb me it's always at the back of my mind, so I can't fully focus)
2. First things first. I gather all my supplies. Candles, incense, grimoire, pen, ect.
3. I then like to ground and centre. You could also meditate for a few minutes to calm your mind if you are feeling extra scattered.
4. I then take a few deep breaths and feel energy balling up in my solar plexus. I then visualize white energy flowing from my solar plexus through to my right arm, all the way down to my index finger (OR wand)
5. I walk around in a clockwise circle whilst visualizing the white light flowing from my finger and encompassing me like a sphere as I walk.
6. Finish casting your circle however you prefer to do it. Invite the Lord and Lady ect.
7. Sit and meditate for a few minutes. Really quieten your mind.
8. Once I am fully focused I like to start my spell. Picture the outcome of the spell and hold it for as long as you can. Feel the emotions of the outcome. You have to really want the outcome. During this time I like to hold my hands over the candle, say my incantations and sprinkle herbs over the flame ect. All whilst visualizing the outcome.
9. Once your spell is done eat the cakes and ale (I rarely do this, I like to ground and centre again instead)
10. Close the circle.
11. Allow your candle to burn out by itself. (Please keep an eye on it and don't forget to snuff it out before you go out or go to sleep. It can always be re-lit. Safety first!)

Hope this helps!
Greek_Male_Witch

Excellent ways, this is what I needed! Thanks for your replies!!! :) I will have to try them all (in different times) to see which fits me! :)
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Greek_Male_Witch...
I know you've been around for quite awhile and on other
sites, I remember you.
Could it be dear Sir, that you are either trying too hard;
not letting it go-thinking about it after spell; not staying
very focused ?
I think we all go thru "flat times" when magick doesn't
seem to work. Have you thought about the fact it could
just be Mercury in retrograde ? or another ?
Just a few thoughts !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Greek_Male_Witch

Mmm I haven't thought about these...yes sometimes I think of the spells afterwards but not for long times, more like seconds and then I'm like "now go out of my mind...go!"

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”