How to celebrate sabbats when working or away?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
James122

How to celebrate sabbats when working or away?

Post by James122 »

As a solitary practitioner and don't partake in any groups I celebrate sabbats alone (which I love to do) but quite often when a sabbat comes up its at a time when I'm working or I'm away somewhere.

It would be helpful if anyone here on the forum who has knowledge of how to get round this sort of thing could help me with this.
On Imbolc this year I'll be working now that's not as much as a problem as if I go away as I still have time around and after but I believe there will be one or two sabbats later n this year when I won't even be at home.

Advice on how to manage this would be most helpful or if it is possible to celebrate on alternative dates near the time?

Thanks for the advice
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How to celebrate sabbaths when working or away?

Post by SpiritTalker »

You can observe on a day preceding the date, while you're still home. Calendar dates are not set in stone, and the seasonal energies ebb and flow. And you don't have to work after dark.

Check the locations you will be visiting for interesting sites that might add zest to your observance.

You can make a travel altar kit to take along, if that appeals to you. Note: if you're flying, do not take an athame.

You can simply meditate.

I think the most difficult thing for any of us to grasp in this path, is that we make our own rules as to how, when and if we will observe the festive days.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”