How I tell people that I'm a witch???

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Serifina Pendle

How I tell people that I'm a witch???

Post by Serifina Pendle »

I've been practicing witchcraft for about three years now and I've not told anyone except for my best friend and my sister. They both don't believe in witchcraft and think it's all a load of bull crap I want to tell people so I can be more open and honest about myself. How do I tell them without them thinking I'm crazy or saying that I'm just making it up???
:flyingwitch:
Bychan Wulf

Re: How I tell people that I'm a witch???

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think it also depends on your age.
At first, talk to them about yoga,meditation,chakras and the positive/negative energy. Tell them that the candles,the BoS and the other tools you use are adjuvant for your connection with the universe.
What I mean is,talk about the physical and scientific side of witchcraft,without mentioning it. In time,giving your practice the name of witchcraft won't be so shocking for the others.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Bychan Wulf wrote:I think it also depends on your age.
At first, talk to them about yoga,meditation,chakras and the positive/negative energy. Tell them that the candles,the BoS and the other tools you use are adjuvant for your connection with the universe.
What I mean is,talk about the physical and scientific side of witchcraft,without mentioning it. In time,giving your practice the name of witchcraft won't be so shocking for the others.
Well said Bychan! I personally was fortunate to have friends who were of like mind but my family (Anglicans and Roman Catholics) were less receptive... I have been called everything under the sun
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Perhaps you can tell us how old are you and whether your family and friends are devout Christians or Atheists?
We need to know more about your circumstances in order to give you advice :)
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Moonraingirl is right; tell us a little bit about yourself in the member's profiles and introductions thread.
If we know more we can give you better advice :wink:

PS. Moonraingirl,is there a shorter version of your name that I can call you with?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

I was thinking Moon
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Me too,but she has to like it too :-)
lucylightbringer

Post by lucylightbringer »

Do you have to tell anyone you are? Why label yourself? Each to their own I guess :/
Thitabe

Post by Thitabe »

With the response you got from the two people you told I can see why you're sceptical. When most people ask me, I usually respond with "I'm spiritual". Talk to people about meditation and how it's used to calm and focus somebody. Ask them questions about meditation, the chakra's and the scientific side of the craft. This will allow you to feel them out and better help you decide about revealing your beliefs.
searching4truth

Post by searching4truth »

Serifina Pendle wrote:I've been practicing witchcraft for about three years now and I've not told anyone except for my best friend and my sister. They both don't believe in witchcraft and think it's all a load of bull crap I want to tell people so I can be more open and honest about myself. How do I tell them without them thinking I'm crazy or saying that I'm just making it up???
:flyingwitch:
All I can offer you is my opinion on the subject and it might help u(or not) to know that I was one of those people who would have not understand growing up but I would have let you learn what path you are happy with.

That being said the same reasons I took so long to embrace my witchy self was only one voice spoken the one that said all mystical stuff is evil. Even though I have always been an empath and psychic I was so fearful of others like myself. I would always know who was special but I would put up walls with those people, the people I know am so blessed to know. So I was just as much to blame.

I tell people I work in shamanistic work and those who are really open I tell I am now working with a witch mentor. I know what I live is right. I have my proof something I never found in other practices.

I know this you can only count on one thing and that's how you feel about your path. If this people are important just focus on what binds you. People can have different ways of supporting us. My partner and I disagree on our spirituality. We agree to disagree.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Bychan Wulf wrote:Me too,but she has to like it too :-)
Yeah, sure, moon is fine :) I don't have any special relationship with this nick :) It was just randomly generated on some witchy site.
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Would writing them a letter be easier for you to 'come out of the broom closet'? Just an idea.

Honestly, If anyone was to make any rude remarks regarding my beliefs I would just reply "I respect your beliefs so it would be nice if you respected mine, regardless of what you think of them." and leave it at that.

Besides, do they really need to know? My husband and BFF (shes also that way inclined) know I'm a witch but I don't share with them absolutely every aspect to do with it. It's good to have some mystery about you! :flyingwitch:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What is it you need to express? Define it to yourself. Then say it in plain words out loud and see how it sounds. Do you sound realistic to yourself or phony? Does the awesome "W" word figure in to impress someone? Most people wouldn't know what you mean if you say you're a witch, so you'd have to define it to them. Can you say the same things, and feel as truthful without the word? If you could share your beliefs in normal conversation about people's beliefs, then it's appropriate discussion and not an announcement.

And I agree, a little bit of mystery is good. :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”