Daily practice?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
James122

Daily practice?

Post by James122 »

I'm new to this forum and I want to ask what what do some of your daily practices include because sometimes I feel like I'm not including my practices into my life enough. Sometimes I'm so busy with work and studies I'm too busy to be always thinking about it.

I don't want to feel like a lazy Wiccan by only practicing on a sabbat, esbat etc. I'm relatively new to the craft I've been properly practicing for around 6 months but I've certainly been gaining knowledge for much longer than that.

Sorry if This question has been asked before but as I say I'm just quite new so any insight on the topic of daily practice would be tremendously helpful. :D :D
Bychan Wulf

Re: Daily practise?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think it depends on what you do consider as practice.
Meditation,centering,praying and shielding can/should be done everyday. Spell work only when necessary.
There is no rule actually. You practice the way you feel you have to.

You may find something useful here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ation.html
:-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, James, please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Look through the forums, you may find much useful info here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

If I'm going to do something daily I have to make it easy to get to and no fancy prep-work or anything to get in the way. So...make mediation something easy and short. Practice takes vigilance. I say grounding and centering cannot be over done. These are what give us control in our spell work and rituals (if any). Your shower time & hand-washing dishes are good ops.

To make daily practice practical, look around you at your daily activities & just think of ways to playfully feel energies as they occur. This way you constantly teach yourself to be aware. Einstein said “It’s all energy. Period.” So wherever you are, and whatever you are doing is a workshop for energy sensitivity. Practice making psi-balls between your hands 👏🏽. Move your hands to feel the subtle pushback. Use pendulum or L-rod dowsing to discern energy fields. Opportunity and awareness. It all contributes to effective spell casting.

Lighting a candle to greet & thank divinities can be done any time, I use prayer beads for 10–20 minutes daily meditation, I jot things in my journal while I drink my morning coffee, go 👣 & greet the earth when I walk outside & consciously soak up sun and moon rays to weave a shawl of light.

Siona

Post by Siona »

SpiritTalker wrote:To make daily practice practical , look around you at your daily activities.
I think this is the best advice for most people looking to form some sort of daily practice. For me, since I'm the one who cooks in my house, it was very easy to incorporate a small hearth ritual for Hestia while making dinner, for example. It's something I do daily, there's usually a few 'pauses' while waiting for an oven to heat, or water to boil, or something to fry, whatever, where I can make a small offering and prayer. But for someone who doesn't cook most days this wouldn't really be practical, you'd have to look at what you do... showering is a good time for a purification sort of ritual, or even just a quick prayer before bed, on waking, during a commute... there's space in the day for it, you just have to find it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Daily practice?

Post by SpiritTalker »

More ideas...
You could...
. Basic Kit: incense🥢, matches, candles🕯 olive oil, salt🧂, water💦, palm-stone🪨, herbs🪴
. go outdoors & use your empathic senses to greet the genius loci, leave friendly offerings 🍞
. journal 📖 about your story, what draws you now, specific Qs to ask
. meditation is an ability to park the mind; candle 🕯👀 gaze & don’t wander
. grow & dry your own herbs🌿
. eat seasonal 🍓foods 🌽for pagan holidays & share an offering with Nature
. do home cleanse spells with🕯candle,🧂salt’n sage🍃, sigil🔡 spells; smudge yourself
. create your own incantations📝
. use your hobbies 🎼 🎨 🫖 🍞 🧶 🛠 ⛺️ in your Craft
. get acquainted with Elemental forms of matter in Nature 🪨💦💨🔥✨
. observing texture, color 👀 and 🌹scent👃🏼 guides you to intuit 🌿 herb uses
. make an outdoor altar with 🌿Nature🪨 finds & then make one indoors from 🗝household🍺 finds; the object is to use what’s available free & buy less
. practice psi-balls 🙏🏼 ; draw power on the breath to load, aim & push 🙌🏽
. research Salt 🧂 - it’s chemistry and uses, and how it sustains Life
. research Water 💦 - H2O has daily & magical uses, & sustains Life

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”