Spiritually dead

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
EndlessNameless

Spiritually dead

Post by EndlessNameless »

So I've tried and looked into a lot of different religions and spirituality including Eclectic Wicca, Catholicism, Judaism, Druidism, Buddhism, ect, But none have ever really connected with me. It's gotten to the point where I've given up on finding a religion for me. I don't believe in deities, But I believe the moon has some sort of power, I guess? And that nature should be respected and has power also. I've tried just being spiritual (like meditating and such) but I just give up on it after a while or I just couldn't incorporate it into my life. I'm not really one for structure or authority either. I just lose interest in things. I recently put away all my spiritual and religious stuff and told my self I was done with religion. Basically I feel empty inside and I want to find happiness via religion (among other things).
But I still want to be spiritual and religious but I can't really make it work. Sorry for rambling, Any advice? Thanks!
It seems no one can help me now, I'm in too deep,
There's no way out, This time I have really lead myself astray.

-Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Bychan Wulf

Re: Spiritually dead

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I guess there must be something you believe in. Even if it's just energy or the moon. Deities are actually the incorporation of these abstract things. It's the name and form we give to them,to understand them better and connect with them. My advice is: try to stop searching for a specific religion. Try to meditate,even if it's hard to make it part of your everyday schedule at first, don't give up. Meditation will help you calm down,relax and know yourself better. Start with that and at some point you'll understand what works best for you. There is also a chance you will never find a religion that suits you,but that's ok. You can create your own religion,based on wicca,paganism,budism,christianity or even combine them. Religion is something you commit to in order to feel "fulfilled" spiritualy so it depends on what you feel,not on what others say.

I can't be sure what I say is right or wrong,it's just my personal opinion; I'm still learning and I probably will still be learning untill the end so,please don't judge ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

If you personally keep trying, but always get distracted, I would suggest you start by eliminating the distractions.

Simplify your life first. Get rid of the toxic pepole and negativity (television, for example) surrounding you. You'd be surprised at how much more energy and enthusiasm you'll have.

If you care to try something more specific, have a little ritual for Ganesha, the Remover of Obstacles. Ask him to help you see what is in your way :)
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

When I get burned out spiritually, I clean. To me, it digs up negative feelings and breaks them apart, helping me to remove it and make room for the positive. I also rearrange my altar area and make it look new.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

There was a time in my life that I was rather upset at the Gods and Goddesses of my clan for abandoning me in a time of need. I was terribly depressed, but I kept going thru the motions, you know, fake it till you make it. It's hard, but keep your nose to the grindstone.
Also, spend as much time outside as you can, and as corvidus said distraction free. Remember our "devices" emit blue light which contributes to being blue and in the doldrums in all aspects of our lives.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, since so many attempts at looking outside,to established systems, have fallen short, why not flip it over and look inside? Find a little light within and you might see it beyond. Take a chance on connecting to yourself. I was thinking that losing interest indicates not being connected to that inner "customer service network" or lack of awareness of what's ticking under the hood. (sorry, my car's in the shop so I'm using fix-it dialog). Looking for relationships between what is happening outside & how it reflects what is inside. When we aren't connecting with outer links to religious expression we aren't connected inside. The inside consciousness has to be aware before the outside responds. So, enough gobble gobble.

The simplest things are usually the one's that start things to change. Simple grounding, to be aware of the movement of your awareness and observation of the stable feeling. Then centering, which is pulling inward, drawing the focus of awareness towards the gut, or the chest, wherever you might feel your energy anchors inside the body. This gets us in touch with our self. Just being there, resting in it, is enough. No desires, no goals. Just rest in the Self. Kind of Zen. Try it daily for a Month or two and then reassess.
EndlessNameless

Post by EndlessNameless »

Thank you everyone!
It seems no one can help me now, I'm in too deep,
There's no way out, This time I have really lead myself astray.

-Runaway Train by Soul Asylum

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”