Suggestions for Dealing with Negative Energy Around Me?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
MysticDreamFaerie

Suggestions for Dealing with Negative Energy Around Me?

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

I can sense a lot of negative energy around me. A lot of people may think I'm crazy when I say this, I just feel it all around me. I've been feeling it around me all my life and it makes me very depressed. I'm an empath and I pick up on other people's emotions and it affects me deeply. I tend to end up getting stiff muscles on my shoulders and my neck. I've also been headaches a lot lately due to stress. Lately I've been meditating and praying. This makes me very happy whenever I do this and I always exercise and go into the woods a lot to help ease my mind.

I love using aromatherapy, incense, crystals and candles. My parents however follow a different Religion than I do so I make sure I do this whenever I'm alone. What's a good essential oil for depression, stress and negative energy?

I've heard a white candle is good for negative energy, though I may be incorrect.

Lately I've been wanting to carry crystals with me, I'm just not sure which ones are the best.

I meditate and pray in the morning and right before I go to bed. If you any any tips or suggestions for me I'd appreciate them a lot. Thank you.

I'd mix my own herbs together though I may have to wait to do this until I move out because I want to respect my family and their beliefs. I do however burn sage from time to time though.
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
corvidus

Re: Suggestions for Dealing with Negative Energy Around Me?

Post by corvidus »

MysticDreamFaerie wrote:What's a good essential oil for depression, stress and negative energy?
Citrus oils like lemons and and oranges! :)
Whenever I eat an orange, I leave the peels in a bowl on the table. They smell so lovely!
MysticDreamFaerie

Post by MysticDreamFaerie »

corvidus wrote:
MysticDreamFaerie wrote:What's a good essential oil for depression, stress and negative energy?
Citrus oils like lemons and and oranges! :)
Whenever I eat an orange, I leave the peels in a bowl on the table. They smell so lovely!
Thank you for the info!! =]
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Some crystal and stone options that may help deflect negativity are Hematite; and to draw and generate positivity, use Selenite. They are black and white stones and fortunately, neither is especially expensive. Selenite is self-cleansing, and should not be put in water as it eventually will alter the stone. A bit of citrine is nice too, as it is another self cleanser...but not cheap in pendants. Pocket stones are more affordable.

Doing some 2-minute grounding exercises throughout the day helps to shield as an empath. Just walking through someone's aura can be disruptive. Not standing directly in front of other people, but just a bit off-side helps deflect their emotional hype. All that negative crap we pick up has to be grounded into the earth where it can be neutralized. Walking is excellent. Also, gardening...earthy contact. It takes vigilance to fight back.

Identifying energy as Other and Yours helps too. You don't have to accept the Other & are only responsible for minding Your own.

And be careful with essential oils as they are condensed and pack a punch. I once poured too much orange oil into the palm of my hand,like about 1/8 tsp., and since I couldn't get it back in the bottle and didn't want to waste it, i rubbed my palms together. 5 minutes later a darn near passed out. From oranges! I love oranges and now I really respect them.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I know black tourmaline is a stone to protect against psychic attack, and golden tiger's eye is apparently good for lifting depression (by which, I assume the description means the emotion). Plus, they're both very pretty! Golden tiger's eye, especially.
As for carrying them with you, personally, I usually buy a crystal cage (which is about, let's say, a dollar?) and put it onto a long chain I already own from a different necklace. You can usually get tumbled crystals to fit in them for about a dollar or so, too.
— Hawk.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh-missed the candle question...white is your all-purpose candle color. I think it helps the mind to chill, and is associated with clean, bright, positive energies. Color therapy - the effects of color upon the emotions - is quite an interesting subject.

Actually, a combination of a black candle to neutralize and ground negative energy,along with a white candle to summon cleared energy is quite helpful and balancing. You can get striped two-color birthday cake candles and just use 1. They should be placed in a bowl with sand on the bottom to serve as a candle holder. Those little candles burn quite fast. Black and white kind of create a liminal field, a place "between" where energy is balanced.

EDIT. I'd like tO suggest a quick read of the topic "Transmogrifying Energy". No oils, candles or other tools needed. Use our friend The Search Function up at the top to find it.

[Edit: Here is the thread: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 33764.html --K ]
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Whenever I find there's a ton of negativity around me, the thing that benefits me the most is a cleansing Bath.

I burn some purple and white candles. Add a little lavender oil and lavender and chamomile buds to the water and just relax. :fairy:

Sometimes all you need is a little "me" time.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Charming

Post by Charming »

I like to imagine a protective ball of light around me. I meditate on the light coming from my heart, and then creeping throughout my body. Once I feel as if I'm bathed in the light, I then have it expand around me like a shield. It's been helping me when I need it.

As far as psychical aches and pains go, I've had to learn to not be effected by others. That mostly came with age. If another person's stress and anxiety is not related to me, than it's not my problem to take on. Especially if they're keeping it to themselves. Of course I'm not uncaring, I do what I can to help, but I won't let it "inside".
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

We recently made black salt pouches. Seems it raises your own vibrations so negativity cannot adhere, rather than being exclusivly a negativity banisher.
I'll post a recipe then link it over here.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”