Worried about practicing.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
WiccaMaster

Worried about practicing.

Post by WiccaMaster »

I am very interested in pursuing wicca and starting to become serious about it but there is one thing that is definitely holding me back. I see all these shows on tv about people who have dabbled in divination and witchcraft and have invited evil spirits into their homes. First and foremost, I do not own the home I live in, secondly I would hate to have this happen obviously. Another things that concerns me is I suffer from some psychological problems and I've heard that can make a person more vulnerable to possession and so forth. So how much of a risk is there really? Should I avoid dabbling? Or if I make sure to do enough research first and protect myself accordingly will I be ok?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Worried about practicing.

Post by SnowCat »

Definitely do plenty of research. Start with simple protection and shielding. Anything you do in life entails risk, magical or not. Take it slow, and trust your instincts.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
WiccaMaster

Post by WiccaMaster »

SnowCat wrote:Definitely do plenty of research. Start with simple protection and shielding. Anything you do in life entails risk, magical or not. Take it slow, and trust your instincts.

Snow
Good starting point, but I'd really like more to go on than this. For I'm possibly putting others at risk here.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Have you read the San Luis Valley thread here on the forum? It's my story of my experience. It went badly and someone eventually died. That was more than forty years ago. I learned from my mistake.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
WiccaMaster

Post by WiccaMaster »

SnowCat wrote:Have you read the San Luis Valley thread here on the forum? It's my story of my experience. It went badly and someone eventually died. That was more than forty years ago. I learned from my mistake.

Snow
I haven't read this. Could you send me the direct link perhaps?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My phone is useless for posting links. If you go to the search box in the top right corner of the index page and enter San Luis Valley you'll be able to find it. I am open to questions about it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
random417

Post by random417 »

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... hp?t=29450

Is this the one? I'm on my phone too but I think I got it.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
random417

Post by random417 »

Also, I'll have my own thoughts once I'm not working. A lot will depend on what type of psychological problems you're talking about though
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

That's the one.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
WiccaMaster

Post by WiccaMaster »

I'm going to read the rest of that story but I can't help but say I feel a bit skeptical of what you say happened. As I'm sure you've heard by many a naysayer. Yes, my psychological problems worry me greatly, but I'm almost ready to do anything if it could help me. To best honest, I think I was actually cursed by a witch 9 years ago. I will do what it takes to reverse this. Although, I would feel horrible if something went wrong. My problems are very very severe and complex. This makes me worry more, I won't deny that. I am a cutter, I have scars all over my body, but I'll do whatever I have too at this point to try and get better. I've prayed to Jesus many a night and I still suffer greatly, so I've gone down that road and now it's time to try something else. But yes, I am still conflicted in certain areas. Very much so. I would love a proper teacher to help guide me through this but I'm searched and there is none in my area right now who can do this. More suggestions please...
WiccaMaster

Post by WiccaMaster »

WiccaMaster wrote:=I would love a proper teacher to help guide me through this but I'm searched and there is none in my area right now who can do this. More suggestions please...
It's doubtful a teacher would take me anyway due to my mental health issues... Really wish someone who though because I definitely need it. :/
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

First off, its none of my business, but i would hope you are working with a qualified therapist. It's a good investment in yourself.

I think your concerns about dabbling are credible and show you have some common sense. Patterns of self injury might very well attract the very energy that you want to avoid. Before you jump in the deep side of the pool, learn some basic energy raising, aura cleansing, shielding, and banishing. Get an idea of what it is.

All these require moving energy by thinking of it. The rule is that energy follows thought, and is why most people get in trouble. What you think affects what you attract.

And really, self-improvement spells don't require summoning anything spooky, just calling on your own inner strength. You work with yourself, by yourself, for yourself. Just raising earth energy into your body and sending it back, grounding it, is a constructive measure. Knowing when to stop, recognizing when you are pushing your envelope of self control and having the chutzpah to stop is important.

Centering is important to self control because it's nearest to who you are. So that's something more to read up on and practice. Grounding and centering are the basis, and the can't do without it first steps.

People here on Internet will do their best to answer all the 10,000 questions you can think of. Your best teacher is yourself. No kidding.

So that's quite a lot of just getting the basics you need in order to cast. You can't just "try magic"... You do it or you don't. Step by slow step, you build it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

WiccaMaster wrote:I'm going to read the rest of that story but I can't help but say I feel a bit skeptical of what you say happened. As I'm sure you've heard by many a naysayer. Yes, my psychological problems worry me greatly, but I'm almost ready to do anything if it could help me. To best honest, I think I was actually cursed by a witch 9 years ago. I will do what it takes to reverse this. Although, I would feel horrible if something went wrong. My problems are very very severe and complex. This makes me worry more, I won't deny that. I am a cutter, I have scars all over my body, but I'll do whatever I have too at this point to try and get better. I've prayed to Jesus many a night and I still suffer greatly, so I've gone down that road and now it's time to try something else. But yes, I am still conflicted in certain areas. Very much so. I would love a proper teacher to help guide me through this but I'm searched and there is none in my area right now who can do this. More suggestions please...
Feeling skeptical about my experience is your prerogative. Cindy was the girl that was with me that evening. She's buried in Crown Hill cemetery in Wheat Ridge, CO. The experience took place in July of 1973. She died in January of 1981.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”