Relight candles from previous spellcasting?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Binglian

Relight candles from previous spellcasting?

Post by Binglian »

Hi, I know this might be a stupid question, but would it be okay to relight the same candle after a spell was performed to reinforce the magick? I had previously cast a spell, and I have a candle that was left behind and still have a lot left to burn. Since my spell is not an "immediate result" spell, but a more "gradual effect" spell that might takes a lot of time to progress, would it be okay if I just relight the candle again to reinforce the magick and making it stronger?

Thanks!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Relight candles from previous spellcasting?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yes, you can burn the candle completely for the same spell, or even light additional candles from the first to extend the spell-time. Often candles are allowed to burn all the way down after the spell concludes, or a section each day for a week, repeating the intention each time. You own the spell & it can be what you decide it is, but decide. Don't be wishy washy.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I have done that a number of times. I use the candle over again, until it's gone, to renew and reinforce the spell.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I have also done this many times. Usually around the same time every day for a week or until the candle is completely gone.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

Depending on the purpose of course - but I do this all the time! I bought a set of smaller candles now for single-spell-casting (those that are used on christmas trees) - but I actually like my "multiple spell candles" and haven't used a single. Short one jet.
BB

Blue Moon
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

Yes, that's perfectly fine. In fact I have one that it burns every day from the new moon this past Thursday to the next full moon.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply, I have been so busy lately. But thank you all for your replies! I really appreciates your feed backs, and it is so nice to hear that it is such a common practice. I have used two candles in the spell, and have successfully burned down 1 candle, and the other one just doesn't burn that well. So I'm down to only 1 small candle.

And hi SpiritTalker, could you elaborate more on using additional candles? Since I only have one candle left, I want to light more candle to extend the spellworks, could I just incorporate more candles by light them with the candles from the spell?

Thank you

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”