Influence of food on spiritual abilities?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: influence of food on spiritual abilities?

Post by SnowCat »

I hadn't thought much about this, but the reincarnation aspect of it rings true for me. I have found that, true to my past felinoid incarnations, I require animal protein to function. Cats are obligate carnivores. They physically require meat to survive. I have found that to be the case for me, as well. I also have days when I'm an obligate chocoholic, but I have yet to find strong medical evidence for that one. With the exception of Harry Potter's world of course. Maybe J.K. Rowling knows something that I don't.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
shatteredsouls

Re: Influence of food on spiritual abilities?

Post by shatteredsouls »

All these food talks is making me a lil hungry...

Definitely agree body, mind and emotions are all connected. At least for me when I eat lots of junk food, I feel "heavy"... haha
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Pachee wrote:
SpiritTalker wrote:When I "discovered" roasted veggies, there was no turning back!
What spices do you use for roasted veggies? I feel like incorporating this would help on my clarity of mind and greatly aid my spiritual path. I have trouble with healthy eating and I know what I feed my body does have an effect on... Everything! kitchen witchery is powerful stuff.

Sorry I hadn't seen this until now. I use salt and pepper. Occasionally rosemary and garlic. The oven-roasted veggies are delicious on their own. Even broccoli! I "mist" (or toss) with extra virgin olive oil. That's it.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Re: Influence of food on spiritual abilities?

Post by Mr Crowley »

I'm genetically programmed to eat meat, so I cannot physically function without it. I tried vegetarian for two reasons: First, the health perspective. Second, have you ever harvested meat?

Just a little salt and pepper for me, another genetic programming.

As children, the only meat my parents ate was raised or hunted. Post WWII brought massive overnight change, like highway infrastructure/mainstream refrigeration, and my grandfathers never harvested meat thereafter. My paternal grandfather was a fisherman. If my parents hadn't moved from that area, I would have been a 12th generation North Atlantic fisherman, and I probably would have been happier because I live in a total rat race.

Since meat is on the table, that's my maternal grandfather 1895<>1971 and great grandmother. After a relentless chase on the internet, I got this photo; also, it was after my mother died, sad because she never saw it. The non-family person who had it was an avid historian of that area.

As he told me about the picture, he said that from the historical aspect, alone, it was a great shot. He had cut the photo many decades ago, so someone could have the other person in the picture, but he couldn't remember who that person was. He did remember that the person fussed, wanting the whole picture, but my gf and ggg, didn't mean anything to them, and he said no way in hell was he parting with the ax-in-hand boy because it was such a great historical shot.

He said that no one in my family had this shot because the photographer was taking pictures for themselves, and people didn't make duplicates in those days. Actually, I don't think that there are any pictures of him at that age because cameras were expensive toys for wealthy people. If they are photos, the family doesn't have them.

He said he didn't want to let the picture go, but he would gladly scan/print me a copy. Of course, I was ecstatic. When I opened the envelop, he sent me the original photo, and a note. He said he had been enjoyed it for over 50 years. He wasn't going to live forever, and when he passed, that one scan didn't make or break his collection. But an original photo made a huge difference to me.

I immediately called the guy, and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. We sat there with our pictures and tried to nail down a date. He hadn't researched him but he who he was with a general age; still, he didn't know dob. He recorded dob on his scan. And he said the photographer was meticulous about recording information on the photos, except for one missing item: dates. So we flipped coins, split the difference and took a best guess at 10 years old, dating the picture about 1905.

(EDIT NOTE: sorry, photo removed...may be disturbing to some)
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

silvergrey wrote:I'm a long time vegetarian as well, but I'd need to go vegan to cut out all of the junk!
Funny how food makes a difference!

I went Vegan in October. (Hubby did too! smiley_dance ) I also started endurance training so come spring I can start going on runs. I've never felt this good in my life. I feel so spiritually connected. We juice everyday as well. This way we can get the maximum amount of nutrients. I feel like I'm on a new level of spirituality.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”